“Love the beautiful sunsets!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa del Mar Beach Resort

Casa del Mar Beach Resort
“Love the beautiful sunsets!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We checked out today from a week visit (unit 2D). We got the two for one special during the month of August since we live in Florida. It was a great place for the 5 kids we had between 2 families (aged 6 years down to 6 months).
The positives: beautiful location, short walk through tropical flower walkway on the grounds to the beach and pool. We got a first floor unit off the beachfront due to having small kids with us. We loved the clean pool and lovely setting. There were brand new gas grills to cook our own dinners from grocery store Publix (a short drive). We took the kids to Mote Marine, Sarasota Bayfront Park and St Armand's Circle, all short drives south.
The negatives: our unit was in need of minor maintenance repairs (broken toaster, toilet seats in need of repair, squeaking door hinges (normally I wouldn't complain, but it woke the baby up constantly). Upon checkout I did complete a survey and listed them. The on site manager was glad we listed so they could make the minor repairs.
My son rented unit 6F and his unit was in better condition. Each unit is different (furnishings, appliance quality, etc).
The room layouts were the same, two bedroom,two bathroom, large living area. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because of the small issues with room maintenance.

All in all, I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends! Longboat Key is so beautiful!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Middlebury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Casa del mar was a perfect get-away. The accomodations were roomy, immaculate, and convenient. Long boat key is quiet but has so much to offer within a 10 minute drive. I would highly recommend this spot especially for families.

Room Tip: We stayed in B19 which was lovely. If you want an ocean view it is a bit more expensive.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
3 Thank drkaren1967
Swansea, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was our first stay at Casa Del Mar and first visit to Longboat Key. The unit we chose online after reviewing all of the available units was A13. The unit was updated and very clean and was equiped with everything imaginable. One minor item we noticed is that there was a small amount of mold on the ceiling in the bathroom in the master bedroom. Everything else was perfect. Loved the location and the direct gulf view. Sunsets were amazing. Nothing beat waking up in the morning and making coffee looking out over the Gulf...the best view. The white sand beach was wonderful. The only complaint we had was the construction going on in the unit below us. It was constant banging and noise during the last two days of our stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor Gulf front rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This our second stay and we hope to return this next year again, great staff, clean condos, beautiful grounds, and the Gulf await you, a very peaceful place to be, no typical tourist stuff, if you want to go do something there is plenty to experience. Back at causa del Mar you get quite, the Gulf a pool, white sand beach, birds, dolphins, and amazing sun sets.
A home by the sea.

Room Tip: Anything facing the gulf
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Stephen C
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

One would think if injuries were received from a glass shower door that shattered on someone as they were in the shower causing lacerations to a guest during their stay in a rented condo, that a courtesy phone call would have been placed by management to follow up. Well I can tell you....a phone call has not been received. This event dampered a lovely week. I am just thankful that my 11 year old niece, 13 year old son or my mother were not in the shower at the time. So, I leave my vacation with a bunch of nicks and scrapes and two lacerations to know fault of my own. How could this have happened? I have purposefully not commented on my experience as I wanted to see if a call would be placed. I was asked to complete an incident report and told to have a nice day on the day of departure. Really....not an I'm sorry that this happened to you. Please know that in some cases an apology goes a long way. I am curious if they have made mention of this incident to the owner of the unit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I spent a week at Casa in June. Before we moved to FL from the north 8 yrs ago we vacationed at Casa every March for 20+ yrs. we didn't realize how much we had missed it until we returned for our second honeymoon! Casa has been very well maintained. Lots of new pavers replacing sidewalks. Lots of chairs ( free) down at the beach and you can rent an umbrella which you will find in place each day when you go to the beach. The grounds are beautiful and very tropical feeling. This is a very safe area. The pool is outstanding and clean. It is quiet and relaxing. If you need anything the staff will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. We had a golf front unit and it was as represented in the pictures. We plan to go back again in a few weeks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
Booneville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Best resort I ever stayed at. We stayed in condo C-14 and everything was clean and neat, the staff were great, friendly and courteous, family oriented, great ocean view, and you feel safe with their security. I would definitely rate this resort a FIVE STAR.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
JulieMKTGdirector, Marketing Director at Casa del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We are very happy that you had such a great experience at our resort and hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
#14 of 20 in Longboat Key
4.0 of 5 stars 67 reviews

Been to Casa del Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!