“Wonderful Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Casa del Mar Beach Resort
Swansea, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was our first stay at Casa Del Mar and first visit to Longboat Key. The unit we chose online after reviewing all of the available units was A13. The unit was updated and very clean and was equiped with everything imaginable. One minor item we noticed is that there was a small amount of mold on the ceiling in the bathroom in the master bedroom. Everything else was perfect. Loved the location and the direct gulf view. Sunsets were amazing. Nothing beat waking up in the morning and making coffee looking out over the Gulf...the best view. The white sand beach was wonderful. The only complaint we had was the construction going on in the unit below us. It was constant banging and noise during the last two days of our stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor Gulf front rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This our second stay and we hope to return this next year again, great staff, clean condos, beautiful grounds, and the Gulf await you, a very peaceful place to be, no typical tourist stuff, if you want to go do something there is plenty to experience. Back at causa del Mar you get quite, the Gulf a pool, white sand beach, birds, dolphins, and amazing sun sets.
A home by the sea.

Room Tip: Anything facing the gulf
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Stephen C
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

One would think if injuries were received from a glass shower door that shattered on someone as they were in the shower causing lacerations to a guest during their stay in a rented condo, that a courtesy phone call would have been placed by management to follow up. Well I can tell you....a phone call has not been received. This event dampered a lovely week. I am just thankful that my 11 year old niece, 13 year old son or my mother were not in the shower at the time. So, I leave my vacation with a bunch of nicks and scrapes and two lacerations to know fault of my own. How could this have happened? I have purposefully not commented on my experience as I wanted to see if a call would be placed. I was asked to complete an incident report and told to have a nice day on the day of departure. Really....not an I'm sorry that this happened to you. Please know that in some cases an apology goes a long way. I am curious if they have made mention of this incident to the owner of the unit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I spent a week at Casa in June. Before we moved to FL from the north 8 yrs ago we vacationed at Casa every March for 20+ yrs. we didn't realize how much we had missed it until we returned for our second honeymoon! Casa has been very well maintained. Lots of new pavers replacing sidewalks. Lots of chairs ( free) down at the beach and you can rent an umbrella which you will find in place each day when you go to the beach. The grounds are beautiful and very tropical feeling. This is a very safe area. The pool is outstanding and clean. It is quiet and relaxing. If you need anything the staff will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. We had a golf front unit and it was as represented in the pictures. We plan to go back again in a few weeks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Booneville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Best resort I ever stayed at. We stayed in condo C-14 and everything was clean and neat, the staff were great, friendly and courteous, family oriented, great ocean view, and you feel safe with their security. I would definitely rate this resort a FIVE STAR.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
JulieMKTGdirector, Marketing Director at Casa del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We are very happy that you had such a great experience at our resort and hope to see you again very soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were in an ocean front unit in the "E" building. Perfect spot right on the beach! We had a screened back porch which was nice. It was covered, so if we had beach stuff out there and it rained, it did not get wet. We enjoyed beautiful mornings and sunsets in the evenings from the screened porch. Our unit was clean and had everything we needed. We had one minor maintenance issue during our stay and the staff took care of it immediately which we appreciated. Even the courtyards and walkways on the grounds were beautiful...lots of gorgeous fragrant flowers. I really enjoyed talking to Mike, the guy who sets up umbrellas in the morning. He's great! My family and I are so relaxed from our vacation at Casa Del Mar, that we've been home for 2 days now and still feel like our heads are in the clouds....or still on the beach. This is mostly a residential area, so you have to drive a little if you want lots of shopping. But there are some good restaurants close by...Lazy Lobster and Ciao Italia. We ate at both of these places and were pleased. The photos of our condo on the website were exactly what we got so check those out. My kids are already asking to go back. We will go back for sure!! Wish we could go tomorrow! Every unit here has something special..views of gorgeous fragrant flowers, the beautiful pool or the sparkling blue water of the Gulf...so you can't go wrong with any of the units really. Thanks Casa Del Mar for a fantastic vacation!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
Summerfield, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I have just taken the time to read some of the bad reviews for Casa Del Mar. We have been coming to the resort for 6 years introduced to us by a couple who have been coming for 30+years. I have written two reviews before. This is a rebuttal to the negative ones. The complex is serene and well maintained. The pool is beautiful and spotless. The staff beyond accommodating and they are not all over 60. The bugs are not roaches. They are palmettos. Not a big difference I agree but yes this is a sub tropical area and there are bugs. A part of life. The units are individually owned so a lot depends on the owners. I agree that the management should lean heavily on owners to maintain each unit to its best advantage since the fees are equal to each other but....there should be some control over condition.
I for one wish that the carpeting throughout our unit would be replaced but I insist that it at least be shampooed before we arrive. Children do seem to be in abundance. I for one would like them to be SILENT but reality check here they are childten. If you want the high life go somewhere that can rock and roll. If you want to relax and enjoy the ocean and some beautiful surroundings this is it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pickyperson115
Thank you for kind words and support. We look forward to having you stay with us year after year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
#14 of 20 in Longboat Key
4.0 of 5 stars 67 reviews

Been to Casa del Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!