“Big birthday disappointment”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Longboat Club
Transit: In front of restaurant on Gulf of Mexico Drive
Description: Located just west of Sarasota on beautiful Longboat Key, Chart House boasts a dramatic interior décor that almost outshines its stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine, & it’s not hard to see why this tropical retreat is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Fabulous happy hour and patio!
“Big birthday disappointment”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Thursday night for my birthday and had a terrible experience. I ordered a cocktail from the bar upon sitting at our table and still hadn't received it after we had eaten our entire appetizer. I ended up having to walk to the bar myself. Also, I ordered prime rib for my entree and it was so tough I has trouble cutting it with a steak knife! The only good things were the lava cake dessert and the view of the water. We went to the chart house assuming it would be a nice place for a birthday dinner, but left highly disappointed at having spent so much money for poor food and service. Go elsewhere if you want to guarantee a pleasant experience!

Annapolis
“Outdated dining area”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Had reservation at 7:45 and arrived early and sat in bar for a window table. Nice bar area. Had mango mohito and martini. Table ready and we were seated one row back from window, ok. Our waiter was overtaxed and busy when we were seated so another waiter took drinks and appetizer order. Appetizer was 4 grouper fritters with fruit salsa: excellent! Ordered spinach salad and we split it. Hubby had filet which was chewy and tough!! He even asked for Bernaise sauce and was told we don't make that (?) I had a trio of grilled salmon and shrimp which was ok but the mushy crab cake sucked, I opened it and spread it out, no lump and no taste. I am from Maryland so I know crab! Dessert was key lime pie, good pie. Hardly anyone left in dining room when we left. We have CH in Annapolis and LBK CH is a third place restaurant.

Atlanta
“Terrible Food, service & decor!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our waiter was a space cadet and left us waiting throughout the entire evening. The food was over priced and just bad and the decor was old, dated and gross!! Note to others - do not even bother with this place go to Crab & Fin for a fantastic experience and perfect food!!

1 Thank Emma P
“Fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent food and superb view. Get there for happy hour...great cocktails and superb appetisers. Made it difficult to move to main restaurant afterwards. The chopped spinach salad is excellent as is the east meets west tuna. One of the best restaurants we found in the Sarasota atea

Tampa, Florida
“Good Food and View”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We arrived early at 5:30 pm but because we didn't have reservations, we could not get a table next to the window. While we ate dinner - two tables were empty the whole time?!?

Food was very good and we enjoyed the crab tater tots, especially. Ate too much and had no room for dessert - the dessert menu looked very good. Food is very expensive....we had one appetizer and two salad bars with two entrees - no drinks. Came to $98.00 -- then I mentioned AARP gets a 10% discount and I thought the waitress was going to faint on us because we were asking for a discount. But we did receive our 10% and I had my card with me!!!!

You could enjoy the water front view after dinner on the deck below without no one bothering you.