“Early Bird Special is a Good Deal”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Longboat Club
Transit: In front of restaurant on Gulf of Mexico Drive
Description: Located just west of Sarasota on beautiful Longboat Key, Chart House boasts a dramatic interior décor that almost outshines its stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine, & it’s not hard to see why this tropical retreat is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Fabulous happy hour and patio!
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Whenever we're in an area where there's a Chart House, we always dine there when they have the early bird special that includes their wonderful salad bar. My wife and I both had Tilapia. Mine was blackened and delicious, but my wife's fish was broiled and tasteless. Several items were low or out when I visited the salad bar. They didn’t seem to replenish it in a timely manner. The background music was annoying. All I could hear was a drone like poorly oiled machine. When I mentioned it to the manager, he didn't seem to care. Service was good as usual. Without the early bird special, their menu is way overpriced. In Longboat Key, we booked using OpenTable.com. The view is good although not the best location to see a sunset. We cancelled our reservation at the Chart House in Philly when we found out they didn't have the early bird with the salad bar.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Just north of St Armunds on Longboat Key, and worth the extra couple of miles.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Attention to detail sets this establishment apart from the ordinary. Great food and location.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

The salad bar is the best around - fresh, well maintained, and delicious. I had the salmon early bird which was fine, but the prime rib my friend had looked and tasted phenomenal. Wish we had room for dessert

1  Thank Pyrlover
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Let me start with, I highly recommend the ceasar salad! It is the best that I have ever tasted. The food at this location is terrific. We have never had a bad meal. The godiva dessert is highly recommended, so try to save room for it. The out door seating has heat lamps, so it's not bad on cooler nights. Their salad bar is very good. Service is good also. Just recently found out that they accept AAA cards for a discount on your bill. That is certainly a +

1  Thank JR05611