Arbors by the Sea
Resort at Longboat Key Club(Longboat Key)
$329
$273
getaroom.com
Sandpiper Inn(Longboat Key)
Sea Club 1(Longboat Key)
TripAdvisor
Beach Castle Resort(Longboat Key)
TripAdvisor
Cedars Tennis Resort(Longboat Key)
Outrigger Resort(Longboat Key)
TripAdvisor
Cabana Beach Club(Longboat Key)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I took my son and his wife for a long weekend. We stayed in the jasmine cottage. It is closest to beach. It is adorable. 2 bdrm/2 bath. It is decorated very beachy. Nice furnishings. Plasma tvs in each room. Kitchen fully equipped. Nice patio with gas grill facing beach. Nice enclosed porch. Short walk to beach. Great beach. My son built the best sand castle you will ever see in Nice common area with firepit. We love it there. If I had anything negative to say is during peak months it is very expensive, but most everywhere you go that is nice is going to be as well. The ac seem to be alittle warm in master but we had 2 fans which helped. It is alittle off beaten path and is very quiet, which we liked. In the evening we went to sandbar, beach house. Both excellent. Played putt putt which was nice. The guys fished off the pier and had a blast. The we visted the tree bar near the pier and that was fun. Our last day we rented a boat from the marina and it was so much fun.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank vanessa h
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Longboat Key in January is practically paradise...especially a week spent in Ivy Cottage amidst near-record high temperatures. After two previous stays at LBK's Silver Sands, we retirees particularly appreciated the quiet and privacy of the cottage. Well worth the additional expense. We also enjoyed George's hospitality and helpfulness, convivial sunset gatherings with other Arbors vacationers and walking to Harry's and Lazy Lobster. Hard to leave at the week's end; we expect to return annually.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pat_Picks
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Arbors by the Sea over the Thanksgiving week-end, and we loved it! We stayed in the Ivy cottage, and it was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. We served dinner to our friends, and the kitchen had everything we could possibly need. The private beach is beautiful, and it was uncrowded and great for walking! We had a wonderful stay and hope to return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank skiergirlBuffalo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a wonderful stay! My husband and I stayed at Arbors by the Sea for 3 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. As we pulled up to the Iris cottage, the 1-bedroom we’d chosen, George greeted us in the parking lot. He gave us a nice walk-through of the cottage and welcomed us to Longboat Key.

The cottage was sparkling clean and updated, and felt like home. Every room carried a beachy theme with beach signs and pictures. There was no mistaking that we were at the beach! The bed was comfy, the shower never ran out of hot water, the kitchen was fully stocked with all necessities and appliances including a dishwasher, and there were even games provided in the dining room cabinet. To top it off, the cottage also came equipped with free Wi-Fi and a flat screen TV in both the living room and bedroom.

The layout of the cottages is such that even though Iris and Ivy are first, and nearest to the road, we honestly couldn’t hear the traffic. There is shrubbery and a fair amount of distance to the road, so have no trepidation in booking either of these cabins. We will easily book Iris again with no concerns.

Though we didn’t take advantage of it, we had a nice patio area complete with table, chairs, umbrella and a nice-sized barbecue. Next time around, I’d like to enjoy breakfast on the patio at least one morning. There was also a beach umbrella for us if we wanted to take it to the sand.

I’m accustomed to having beach towels when I book lodging anywhere near a beach, but the beach towels here are thick, nice quality beach towels, not the typical cheap blue/white striped towels every other place provides. They also provide 16 chaise lounges and 2 Adirondack chairs out at the beach, along with 2 hammocks, and some nice cushy chairs on a deck near the sand along with a community fire pit for sunset barbecuing near the water.

I really can’t say enough about how comfortable this stay was, and how much I looked forward to heading in to the cottage after watching the sunset in the evenings. This was truly our holiday home, and we are looking forward to a return trip next year.

Room Tip: Any cottage is excellent. Choose your cottage based on the number of people in your group and how much space you'll need.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TrvlGrl12
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a treat! These cottages are just divine - I wish it could be my home away from home! The beautiful kitchen was well equipped and allowed us to really feel like at home for the weekend. My husband and I were just thrilled at how at home we felt in these beautifully renovated cottages. Not to mention the pristine beach and wonderful decked that allowed us to view the breathtaking sunset each evening. We will definitely be back to enjoy this place soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple