“Great atmosphere, and good service. But...”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Dock Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Fort Collins, CO
“Great atmosphere, and good service. But...”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Great atmosphere, and good service. But the food was average and overpriced.

Maryland
“Nice view, good food and service”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

The crabcake and friend shrimp were great. We had good service at the bar and at our table.

2 Thank SeekPeace
Orlando, Florida
“Eh! Average.”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

My husband and I both ordered grouper sandwiches for dinner and stonecrab claws for appetizer. Our daughter had grouper fingers.

Stonecrab claws was very good and fresh. $20/lb for mixed claws. Not bad at all compared to what we spend at Moore's Stone Crab, another restaurant in the island. We spent $80 for 3 lbs of jumbo claws there. So I feel that we got a pretty good deal at Dry Dock.

Our daughter's grouper finger was actually pretty good as well. But our grouper sandwich was average and small compare to the famous Dave's Dockside (several locations in this part of the Florida Coast).

I probably won't be a repeat customer. I will, however, go back to PattiGeorge. Look for my review there. Other recommendation include MarVista and Tommy Bahama (even though they pulled the best thing on their menu - Shrimp Grilled Cheese) in Longboat and Sand Bar in AnnaMaria Island. MarVista and SandBar is 2 of the 3 Chiles Restaurant Group restaurant. The Beach House is the 3rd. Nice view, but can not recommend it because food is average.

1 Thank AlohaHana
NJ
“Great Group at the Dry Dock”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We had an early dinner seated outside at the Dry Dock. We had the steamers and the fried clams for an appetizer. Both were great. We all had grouper for dinner. My husband and I both had it blackened and it was nice and spicy. My daughter had it fried and she enjoyed it very much. My sons' was grilled and he wanted more. It's a nice place to sit outside and watch nature. We saw some dolphins as well as watched the pelicans eating there dinner. Its a little hard to find. Just drive down the road to the right of the gas station all the way to the end.

Kennesaw, GA
“Good, not Great”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I might be jaded, but my family enjoyed the Dry Dock, but no one was in a rush to come back for another try later in the week. Pretty much classic seafood joint with a reputation for Calamari, which we found to be average at best. Not a must do, but a good place to eat one day on a week trip to Longboat Key.