“Great food, great service, good view”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Dock Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went here on memorial day, wondered what it would be like since it wasn't easy to find. Ordered a rum runner, tasted excellent. Started with the crab & corn chowder, was savory and hit the spot! Had the grouper sandwich with fries for the main course, came out hot, tasted perfect. Service was excellent, even sitting outside which sometimes is risky. Inside and out have a view of the bay. From the look and conversation of those around me, seemed to be many locals, I found it since I was on the Lido Beach, probably wouldn't have came up on my search when I was in Sarasota. Will return on next visit!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Based on reviews of Trip Advisor, we ate dinner at the Dry Dock. This was our first trip to LBK but definitely will not be our last. Nice friendly attendant seated us by the window where we watched a few manatee playing and rolling the entire time. Our server Jeff was very attentive, friendly and gave us great meal suggestions. We ordered the appetizer grouper fingers which were delicious, fresh, very tasty. We ordered grouper and Chilean sea bass which were grilled perfectly. Lobster bisque was divine. Key lime came home in a box since we were too stuffed to finish them off. Definitely try this place if you're staying in the area. It's worth a trip.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had the grouper taco's...they were yummy. Other's in the party had grouper sandwiches (both blackened and fried) and the lobster taco's. Every meal was delicious. The only thing I didn't like was that I wanted to try the blackened redfish...and they were out at lunch. (Kind of makes you wonder what happens with the supper menu items that include redfish.)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am not prone to reviewing anything and if I did I would rarely rate anything 5 out of 5. The Dry Dock Waterfront Grill deserves to be rated 5/5. We had sea bass and blackened grouper, lobster bisque and shrimp. Everything was expertly prepared and the service was excellent. This is our third night in the Sarasota/Siesta Key area and this was the best meal so far hands down.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Came to Longboat Key on vacation for a week. This is the only restaurant we ate at more than once. We were disappointed everywhere else. The staff was friendly, very attentive and able to answer questions about the menu. I had the grouper tacos (twice!). They were delicious. They even gave me the recipe for the sweet chili cilantro mayo they serve with the tacos. I tried the spicy crab and corn chowder and it was another hit. Sweet crab, smooth creamy base. I'd recommend it to anyone. My boyfriend had the lobster rolls and grouper sandwich. Both were outstanding. While eating out on the dock, We even got the chance to visit with one of the locals...a friendly manatee came by to say hi.