“Great views and delicious food”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great views and delicious food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Based on reviews of Trip Advisor, we ate dinner at the Dry Dock. This was our first trip to LBK but definitely will not be our last. Nice friendly attendant seated us by the window where we watched a few manatee playing and rolling the entire time. Our server Jeff was very attentive, friendly and gave us great meal suggestions. We ordered the appetizer grouper fingers which were delicious, fresh, very tasty. We ordered grouper and Chilean sea bass which were grilled perfectly. Lobster bisque was divine. Key lime came home in a box since we were too stuffed to finish them off. Definitely try this place if you're staying in the area. It's worth a trip.

Visited June 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Yummy Lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had the grouper taco's...they were yummy. Other's in the party had grouper sandwiches (both blackened and fried) and the lobster taco's. Every meal was delicious. The only thing I didn't like was that I wanted to try the blackened redfish...and they were out at lunch. (Kind of makes you wonder what happens with the supper menu items that include redfish.)

Visited May 2014
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I am not prone to reviewing anything and if I did I would rarely rate anything 5 out of 5. The Dry Dock Waterfront Grill deserves to be rated 5/5. We had sea bass and blackened grouper, lobster bisque and shrimp. Everything was expertly prepared and the service was excellent. This is our third night in the Sarasota/Siesta Key area and this was the best meal so far hands down.

Visited June 2014
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Came to Longboat Key on vacation for a week. This is the only restaurant we ate at more than once. We were disappointed everywhere else. The staff was friendly, very attentive and able to answer questions about the menu. I had the grouper tacos (twice!). They were delicious. They even gave me the recipe for the sweet chili cilantro mayo they serve with the tacos. I tried the spicy crab and corn chowder and it was another hit. Sweet crab, smooth creamy base. I'd recommend it to anyone. My boyfriend had the lobster rolls and grouper sandwich. Both were outstanding. While eating out on the dock, We even got the chance to visit with one of the locals...a friendly manatee came by to say hi.

• Visited May 2014
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended and we were not disappointed. My husband and I went there for lunch. I had the fried grouper tacos. Delicious! He had the blackened grouper sandwich. You can't go wrong with either. The patio is a great atmosphere. Will definitely go again!

Visited May 2014