“Yummy Lunch”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Denver, Colorado
“Yummy Lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had the grouper taco's...they were yummy. Other's in the party had grouper sandwiches (both blackened and fried) and the lobster taco's. Every meal was delicious. The only thing I didn't like was that I wanted to try the blackened redfish...and they were out at lunch. (Kind of makes you wonder what happens with the supper menu items that include redfish.)

“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I am not prone to reviewing anything and if I did I would rarely rate anything 5 out of 5. The Dry Dock Waterfront Grill deserves to be rated 5/5. We had sea bass and blackened grouper, lobster bisque and shrimp. Everything was expertly prepared and the service was excellent. This is our third night in the Sarasota/Siesta Key area and this was the best meal so far hands down.

Visited June 2014
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Came to Longboat Key on vacation for a week. This is the only restaurant we ate at more than once. We were disappointed everywhere else. The staff was friendly, very attentive and able to answer questions about the menu. I had the grouper tacos (twice!). They were delicious. They even gave me the recipe for the sweet chili cilantro mayo they serve with the tacos. I tried the spicy crab and corn chowder and it was another hit. Sweet crab, smooth creamy base. I'd recommend it to anyone. My boyfriend had the lobster rolls and grouper sandwich. Both were outstanding. While eating out on the dock, We even got the chance to visit with one of the locals...a friendly manatee came by to say hi.

• Visited May 2014
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended and we were not disappointed. My husband and I went there for lunch. I had the fried grouper tacos. Delicious! He had the blackened grouper sandwich. You can't go wrong with either. The patio is a great atmosphere. Will definitely go again!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a great time. Great, casual place...good scene on the water. Fried shrimp pretty darn good. Fish n chips good too. We enjoyed our meal very much and not too pricey!