“Food is Great! View is wonderful!”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Dock Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We've been here many times, and have never had even a mediocre meal! It is always terrific, and the servers are so nice that it is just a great place to spend a relaxing evening dining with friends.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Dry Dock is one of our favorites! Their food is always a treat for your palate. The fried grouper is superb! The view of the bay, boats & birds is beautiful! We can't wait to return.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We arrived late on a weekday, were greeted and seated by the waterfront immediately. We both ordered seafood which included shrimp and scallops. They were HUGE, cooked to perfection and VERY VERY tasty. This is one of the absolute best seafood dinners I have ever experienced. In addition to the entre we also had salad which was very fresh, and hot fresh bread. Our service was fast and friendly. The manager made it a point to come over and check on us to make sure everything was o.k. Our total bill with entre, salad, two beers, tax and a 20 percent tip came to about 72.00. Considering the waterfront location, quality of food and service I found this to be quite reasonable.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

When I go to Florida, I am always looking for the restaurant over looking the water with a nice view that has good service, and outstanding fish dishes. The Dry Dock Waterfront Grill on Longboat Key exceeded my expectations and was Just Exactly What I Was Looking For. I can see why it is easy to be a regular diner at this wonderful eatery. I had the Lobster Bisque and the Grilled Grouper. Perfectly prepared and served hot. No heat lamps here. I wanted to sample everything on the menu, but I will have to return another day to continue trying other things on the menu. The price was reasonable and the drinks well prepared. You can tell that the owner has a hands-on approach to this business.

1  Thank Gasdoggie
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went here a few times with friends, no one was ever disappointed in their food selections. Grouper tacos are a staple in this area, with everyone putting their own spin on this classic seaside dish. You won't be disappointed ! The Dry Dock is a nice change from some of the local come as you are beachfront eateries. Greeted every time with a smile and that welcome feeling carried through the rest of the staff. Wonderful view !