“Great stay at Sand Cay”

and 1 more site!
Sand Cay Condominiums Beach Resort
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed for a week in mid August. The unit we stayed in was large enough for my family which includes a 9yo, 6yo and 1yo. Very close to the beach and our unit had beach towels and also beach toys and a cart to bring all the stuff back and forth. Staff were very pleasant and helpful at check in. On site laundry means you can pack light. The pool is a salt water pool so no chlorine issues. My only gripe with the pool is that it starts at 4ft and goes to 8.5ft. Not that kid friendly. Rip out the unused shuffleboard court and put a kiddie pool in there! The others staying there were a mix between other families from Florida, Midwesterners like us and Germans. Plenty to do in the area from St Armands to many activities along Longboat such as parasailing, fishing charters etc etc.
I would definitely rerturn to Sand Cay

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank barglancy

Reviewed July 31, 2009

We have been going to Sany Cay for many years. In the past couple years, the Condominium Complex has been going under deep renovations. As a family we continued to vacation at Sand Cay through the renovations because of it's familiarity to our small children, and it's beautiful beaches.

The renovations are complete, and I have to say well worth it! Sand Cay looks more beautiful than ever. The units we have stayed in for the past few Summers have all been updated, and are extremely family friendly. As a family this Summer, we booked 3 ground floor, gulf front units to accomodate a total of 5 adults and 9 children under the age of 12.. All of the units were extremely well kept, clean, and the gulf views were spectacular. The grounds were beautiful, and the staff is always extremely helpful. The swimming pool is very large and always inviting.

If you are looking for a vacation spot on Longboat Key, I would HIGHLY recommend Sand Cay. It is definitely worth the extra investment to book a gulf view, or gulf front unit because the view is unbelievable!!! Enjoy the beautiful sunsets and have a great vacation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I was excited to get to Florida and for my stay at Sand Cay. When I arrived I was disappointed. I stayed in Unit 204. This unit was furnished in 80's type of furniture and was not modern in the least bit. This however is not what disturbed me the most, when I arrived I found huge roaches crawling all over the apartment. Several of them were dead, but some were very alive. Also the toilet ran in both bathrooms none stop. I went to speak to the manger about the problems. She was very unfriendly and not the least bit helpful. She did say she would have someone up to fix the toilets, well on the day we left we were still waiting for that person to arrive. Would not stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank Beliz8
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Sand Cay was absolutely beautiful. The condo was spacious and perfectly furnished , extremely clean and well kept. Our patio led to shuffleboard and a heated pool. The white sandy beach was private and so relaxing. The kids enjoyed body surfing, swimming, fishing, and beach combing. We couldn't have asked for a more relaxing vacation.

Tim and Kathy
Roanoke, IL

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have read the reviews, here is my take on Sand Cay.
We have been going to Sand Cay Unit 101 for about 7 Years in a row. Each time I must say is better than the last, the entire management team lead by Judy is the greatest!!!!

They will do anything within their sights to make youre stay the best. Trust me, Judy and her team are dedicated to your vacation and coming back is their #1 priority!

I hope Sand Cay is your place to visit, you will be 100% happy like my wife and I have been- Unit 101 has everything you need including washer and dryer in their condo.

No need to bring anything else, except - your enthusiasm for fun in the sun!
My challenge, we found 14 sand Dollars, try and beat that! :)

Glenn & Marilee

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GLHOG
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We just returned from Sand Cay last night and I felt compelled to review. We had a wonderful time. Two adults, two kids (ages 6 and 3), we stayed in unit 204 (Gulf Front). This was our first trip to the Gulf side of Florida and we loved it. I selected Sand Cay after much review here and elsewhere, we were delighted with our choice. After driving/walking around the island I believe we really made the best decision on price for value, it's clearly one of the nicest facilities there. I can't speak for the other units but ours was just fine....a bit dated perhaps but clean and the views/sounds were perfect. The landscaping here is as nice as anywhere on the island, extremely well-kept.

We used primarily the beach, jumped in the pool a couple of times, played a little shuffleboard, and certainly the patio. We also used the community grill one night. Other guests were nice (and quiet). It's about a 20 second walk to the beach, and really made us feel that we were in the Carribean with the turquoise water and the dolphins swimming by. We were only able to stay for 4 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. We will be back for sure. Though I didn't interact with staff much, they were pleasant and helpful.

Note: If you're looking for a ton of kid-friendly restaurants or take-out locations, Longboat Key is not for you. Lots within a 20 minute drive but on the island itself, pretty limited. We went to the Dry Dock one night (great), the Hilton next door one night (extremely convenient, decent food), and cooked in the other nights.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BldrGuy
Reviewed April 1, 2009

We have been going up and down the gulf coast from Gulf Shores to Naples and I can honestly say we have never enjoyed our stay as much as we did at Sand Cay. The appearence alone so well tells the story of how well management and staff are dedicated to your comfort. Price per unit is well inline with any in the area and the furnishings make you feel right at home. Needless to say wer'e looking forward to coming back next year!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
#5 of 5 in Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
#13 of 21 in Longboat Key

Been to Sand Cay Condominiums Beach Resort? Share your experiences!