“Great Vacation - Relaxing - Spacious Accommodations”

and 1 more site!
Sand Cay Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Roanoke, Illinois
“Great Vacation - Relaxing - Spacious Accommodations”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Sand Cay was absolutely beautiful. The condo was spacious and perfectly furnished , extremely clean and well kept. Our patio led to shuffleboard and a heated pool. The white sandy beach was private and so relaxing. The kids enjoyed body surfing, swimming, fishing, and beach combing. We couldn't have asked for a more relaxing vacation.

Tim and Kathy
Roanoke, IL

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Cincinnati
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have read the reviews, here is my take on Sand Cay.
We have been going to Sand Cay Unit 101 for about 7 Years in a row. Each time I must say is better than the last, the entire management team lead by Judy is the greatest!!!!

They will do anything within their sights to make youre stay the best. Trust me, Judy and her team are dedicated to your vacation and coming back is their #1 priority!

I hope Sand Cay is your place to visit, you will be 100% happy like my wife and I have been- Unit 101 has everything you need including washer and dryer in their condo.

No need to bring anything else, except - your enthusiasm for fun in the sun!
My challenge, we found 14 sand Dollars, try and beat that! :)

Glenn & Marilee

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GLHOG
Boulder, CO
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We just returned from Sand Cay last night and I felt compelled to review. We had a wonderful time. Two adults, two kids (ages 6 and 3), we stayed in unit 204 (Gulf Front). This was our first trip to the Gulf side of Florida and we loved it. I selected Sand Cay after much review here and elsewhere, we were delighted with our choice. After driving/walking around the island I believe we really made the best decision on price for value, it's clearly one of the nicest facilities there. I can't speak for the other units but ours was just fine....a bit dated perhaps but clean and the views/sounds were perfect. The landscaping here is as nice as anywhere on the island, extremely well-kept.

We used primarily the beach, jumped in the pool a couple of times, played a little shuffleboard, and certainly the patio. We also used the community grill one night. Other guests were nice (and quiet). It's about a 20 second walk to the beach, and really made us feel that we were in the Carribean with the turquoise water and the dolphins swimming by. We were only able to stay for 4 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. We will be back for sure. Though I didn't interact with staff much, they were pleasant and helpful.

Note: If you're looking for a ton of kid-friendly restaurants or take-out locations, Longboat Key is not for you. Lots within a 20 minute drive but on the island itself, pretty limited. We went to the Dry Dock one night (great), the Hilton next door one night (extremely convenient, decent food), and cooked in the other nights.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BldrGuy
Normal, IL
Reviewed April 1, 2009

We have been going up and down the gulf coast from Gulf Shores to Naples and I can honestly say we have never enjoyed our stay as much as we did at Sand Cay. The appearence alone so well tells the story of how well management and staff are dedicated to your comfort. Price per unit is well inline with any in the area and the furnishings make you feel right at home. Needless to say wer'e looking forward to coming back next year!!!

illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Our stay at the Sand Cay was very relaxing and enjoyable. We had a unit on the ground floor and it was such a pleasure to walk out and look directly at the gulf. Our unit was very clean and comfortable and we had everything we needed to be able to enjoy the beach and surroundings. The abundance of lounge chairs on the beach was great. Lots of space to enjoy a meal outdoors with picnic tables and grills. There were many other nice families there too. Beachlover in Illinois

Greece, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2009

We have been coming to the SandCay Resort for a few years now. It is right on the beach. The condos have individual owners so each one is different. Right now I am looking out my window at the beautiful blue water of the Gulf.

We had some issues with the condo we are staying in, broken blinds, no clocks or clock radios etc. These issues were resolved almost immediately. The front office staff was very helpful. The blinds were fixed, and the missing items were put in. I actually think most of the problems were due to the guests before us. The office couldn't believe the condo didn't have one clock and the blinds were obviously pulled off, a couple of them on the floor. We got an apology saying it should have been caught before we checked in but I had no problem with it as it was immediately fixed. We have had the same experience in the past. We did have a cable problem one year that lasted much of our stay but I believe it was an external problem with the cable company.

I love the fact that beach chairs are provided and there are beach umbrellas in the condos. The office also has DVD's to borrow. The landscaping and grounds have been recently updated and it looks beautiful.

1 Thank aer
Chicago
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Just returned from Sand Cay. This was my 2nd trip, last year during the construction. This complex is beautiful-great landscaping, new paint and awnings. Everyone in the office were very friendly and helpful. Great location with the ability to walk out your door and right onto the beach. Really appreciated the many beach chairs set up on the beach. No more lugging rusty chairs, coolers, etc. for a beach day. Free internet access was very convenient.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
#10 of 48 in Sarasota
Sandpiper Inn
Sandpiper Inn
#3 of 6 in Longboat Key

Been to Sand Cay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!