“A Good Place to Ciao Down”

Ciao Italia Casual Italian
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A Good Place to Ciao Down”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

For those of us with memories of the local Italian restaurants on Taylor Street in Chicago or one of many in Manhattan or Brooklyn, Ciao might not quite live up. But, those places from the past were probably not as good as our memories have created. So, Ciao is our own local Italian restaurant right here on Longboat Key, doing its best to match those distant memories. Properly cooked pastas do exist here and they know the meaning of "al dente". Pizzas are not quite as thin crust as this reviewer likes, but are as good as any in the area. Ambiance is quaint and service very friendly. So, for that quiet "couple's night out" or going to a neighborhood spot with friends, Ciao will do quite nicely and your wallet will shout for joy.

• Visited January 2013

Toronto, Canada
“celebrating the carbs”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

THe service was friendly and the ambience worked for an early evening meal. There was no such thing as a low GI alternative on the menu. My mom is mobility challenged so we stayed; I would have gone elsewhere if I'd been on my own. If you want good early bird prices and a pasta centric menu then you will like this place. Avoid the house wine and stick with a beer.

• Visited December 2012
Orlando, Florida
“there will be a test”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The place was alright as far as atmosphere, staff was pleasant, sat down right away and that's The good. We ordered food for our 2 daughters calamari and bruschetta, spaghetti and meatballs for myself, the 10" Popeye pizza for my wife. The calamari was fine, the kids loved it. The Bruschetta was I don't know what to say other than they tried to put their own spin and add too much of just what doesn't belong.We were given the standard check back from our waitress and said that we were not happy with the bruschetta and she makes the fatal mistake of opening up the menu and tell us what we should have ordered.Bad manners, and no idea how important her position is representing the restaurant.Spaghetti and meatballs though not bad I want better than I make at home, the only saving grace was the Popeye pizza even though you can go anywhere else and get just as good if not better. Don't waste your time unless you bring a #2 pencil for your test.

• Visited November 2012
Baltimore
“Best Pizza on LBK!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Although we've eaten 'in', Ciao is our favorite place for take-out pizza. Our very favorite is the Margherita Pizza, but all of the ones we've tried have been excellent.

Visited October 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Small but efficient. Excellent Italian restaurant. Very attentive staff. |Apparently long waits in season and I definitely know why. The food was exceptional and fairly large servings as i finished mine for lunch the next day. Sufficient wine list. An outdoor patio but it was too hot in July to take advantage of that.
I have kept their to-go menu as I do plan to return

Visited July 2012