“Very homely; great service and good food”

Harry's Continental Kitchens
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Get ready to eat like a Longboat King at Harry's! Harry's has a take out deli and a sit down restaurant located in the heart of Longboat Key, Florida. Our gourmet cuisine is created by Harry Christensen, our award-winning chef who's been a fine dining staple of Sarasota for over 38 years! We are minutes from St. Armand's Circle, Lido Key, Bradenton Beach, and Anna Maria Island. Please feel free to review the deli, the restaurant, or both places.
Rome, Italy
“Very homely; great service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Really chic layout inside. I imagine this place is chic by candlelight. Superior service and great menu. Perhaps I chose badly but I was a teensy bit disappointed by the captain's plate! Everything beautifully presented and in general very good. The only real disappointment was the coffee. With a fine dining ethos decent expresso is a must in my book! This came out of some push button machine and was undrinkable. No one noticed.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank waltonwanderer

“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had dinner here last night. The beef tournedos were spectacular, as was the shrimp-cargot. The service was great and the atmosphere relaxed whilst still managing to feel special. A lovely evening all round.

1 Thank LNJS
tampa
“Wish it would have lived up to the good reviews”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Sorry but really just awful! Tried their sirloin and philly cheessteak- meat was VERY dry and tough. Crab cake was loaded with breading. Gazpacho bland. Cookies not fresh. It was a Saturday night and 1 person was taking and filling take-out orders. Seemed to be too much for her to handle. Wish it would have lived up to the good reviews. Overpriced too :-(

1 Thank mamanila
Annapolis
“Better breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Only had breakfast here on day going home. Wonderful date nut bread and mini biscuits given while waiting. Omelet was a bit salty from the Yorkshire ham. French toast good.

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“THE BEST AND MOST AMAZING FOOD/SERVICE ON THE ISLAND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Okay prepare yourselves for my most in depth review to date. Let me just say that after years coming to the island, I never would have thought twice in coming here. Been to the mini mart, but never ventured behind it. Harry owns it all. Mini Mart, Deli, Bakery and Restaurant. DO NOT LET FIRST IMPRESSION FOOL YOU ! Granted the view is not of the beautiful water front views on the island, but you feel as if you have walked into the Grand Floridian at Disney... a smaller scale version. On the outside it doesn't look like much, very decieving to say the least.
The inside decor is beautiful. Everything draped in white, tables beautifully decorated, beautifully folded napkins.... perfect. Make you way past the fully equipt bar with their home infused bacon vodka and pineapple vodka and everything else to one of the dining rooms. Ordered the Bacon Bloody Mary to start, delightful. The server was wonderful and so over the top accomodating. She brought out the complimentary rolls and butter, which in fact were not only the cutest but the best little biscuits and banana nut loaf slices ever.
My daughter had eaten 1/2 a poptart so she was not too hungry and ordered the cheesy grits (the remaining poptart was in the sleeve and on the table which will be a significant factor later ).I ordered the breakfast burrito, we also ordered the BLT Benedict ( which actually has spinach not lettuce... even better ) and another ordered an omelet.
When the food came out it looked like it was right off an episode of Top Chef.... garnished beautifully and very appealing to the eyes. The portions were enormous. My breakfast burrito was the best I have ever had, I got more enjoyment eating breakfast then I have had eating a steak at Ruth Chris for dinner and I am very much a steak lover. It was only $11 and suffice to say I would've gladly paid $18-$20for that meal... yummy yummy. The eggs benedict was lovely... everything was. As we were enjoying our brunch we overheard the patrons in the table behind us asking for Hot Chocolate for the kids. The server stated that they did not have hot chocolate but... if they were willing to wait a few minutes she would run over to the store to get some and make it for the kids!
So now we are beyond impressed. The server comes to check on us again and notices my daughter has barely eaten her grits due in fact to her 1/2 Poptart and tasting some of everyones meals, so she asks my daughter that if she would like, she would take her Poptart to the kitchen and pjtit in the toaster for her! All I can say is wow.
So how can I say anything but this is the best place on Long Boat Key... along with my Favorite Columbia's... for their salad.
I just noticed they have Summer Prix Fixe menu that start at
$29 per person or $39 per person with wine pairings for a 4 course dinner with the most AMAZING choices on the menu... can not wait to come back next trip and eat here for dinner....
?