“Pleasant ambiance and good food at reasonable prices”

Harry's Continental Kitchens
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Get ready to eat like a Longboat King at Harry's! Harry's has a take out deli and a sit down restaurant located in the heart of Longboat Key, Florida. Our gourmet cuisine is created by Harry Christensen, our award-winning chef who's been a fine dining staple of Sarasota for over 38 years! We are minutes from St. Armand's Circle, Lido Key, Bradenton Beach, and Anna Maria Island. Please feel free to review the deli, the restaurant, or both places.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We like Harry's for lunch and have been there many times. Yesterday, we sat outside under a large umbrella to protect from the sun. You can get a full breakfast at lunch if you want, but we stuck to noontime fare. My blackened salmon salad was excellent, and my friend enjoyed his fish tacos and potato salad. Our server was pleasant and professional. A few months ago, I ate inside in one of the three, small, more formal dining rooms. Starched white table clothes and napkins contribute to the cool and relaxing upscale ambiance. The menu is the same inside or out. Excellent wines.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We turned up at Harry's for some breakfast/brunch and to be honest the place looks OK but nothing special from outside. However, it's really nicely laid out inside and it had a very good breakfast/brunch menu that suited our needs. Whilst waiting for our breakfast the waitress brought over some complimentary biscuits (like scones) and banana cake - these were real good! When breakfast came it was lovely, fresh, hot and good-sized portions. Cannot recommend this place enough and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Breakfast, lunch, dinner and extensive takeout menu at separate deli are all great. The wine list will serve both casual diners and connoisseurs well. The service can be described as happy and professional, and is a reflection of good training and management. Don't miss this wonderful neighborhood establishment.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Upscaled restaurant was all in white inside, looking very elegant ,but with outdoor seating as well, no view to speak of, but a Longboat icon, having been there many years and with faithful followers. We had crabcake appetizer--delicious!-tapas, chowder, gazpacho, and the grand duck dinner, all delicious-fresh, and well prepared. Harry's has won many awards and their deli is wonderful for a sandwich or salad or the infamously delicious brownies Harry makes according to a special recipe. Mmmmmmmmm. The male waiters were very cordial, ladies not so much. Hmmmmmm.

1  Thank anniemax
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I visit Longboat Key every January and make the annual pilgrimage with my 90 year old aunt. This time the meal and service were both phenomenal. The prix fixe dinner at $27.99 was quite a deal. My partner ordered the vichyoise, pot stickers, scallops, and key lime pie. He was pleased with each dish. I had a pompano with Maryland crab in a wine butter sauce and a nice salad of pear, gorgonzola and greens ( dressed just right). My aunt ordered the duck. Everyone in my family who has had their duck was wowed. Too bad I don't like duck.
Reviewers mention the blah facilities, but that shouldn't dissuade anyone from visiting. One final note: this restaurant is very disabled friendly, particularly when outside dining is possible. I look forward to my next visit!