“Um”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Um”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

It wasn't what I'd excepted out of longboat thats forsure. I could tell from the moment I seen the location of this hole the wall, but I was starving.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank happycamper32675

Denver, Colorado
“The owner is RUDE and the food is BAD NEWS!!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Upon entering, we experienced the owner who was rude. The service was slow and we ordered one grilled lamb and on pasta plate. The lamb tasted like a dirty grille but the owner said it was great and that is the way they cooked it. Then he proceeded to make a scean and eat the meat directly off of our plate at the table. Talk about rude, he even charged us for the meal! NEVER AGAIN. Take 30 steps more and go to Harry's.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Markeparker
“Very good food and a wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Since this was our first visit, we decided to go when they opened. We were the first guests and the owner/chef greeted us warmly and explained all the specials.
We shared bruschetta as an appetizer, which was beautifully presented and delicious.
I had lobster and shrimp aurora and my husband had the salmon Dijon . Both were very good.
Throughout our meal, the owner checked on us to make sure that we were pleased with everything.
After clearing our plates and engaging us in conversation, we were brought complimentary Limoncello. This felt like we were guests in his home.
I didn't think I'd be able to eat dessert but my husband ordered an apple strudel, so I ordered their tiramasu, thinking that I'd just take home what I didn't eat...nope, it was so light that I consumed the entire dish. I can't wait to go back and enjoy both the food and the attention/engagement that we experienced.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank DenaToKey
“True, Authentic Italian with an equally authentic manager/owner”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The manager/owner (not sure) brought over the entire specials display board and went through the whole selection for us!

The food was authentic and delicious. My favorite restaurant on longboat key! Will be coming back for sure to try the lobster.

3 Thank Gpinkus
Longboat Key
“They can't handle seasonal crowds”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We sent our college student grandchildren here for dinner...brown
Salads ...left alone...alternate waiter provided service when regular waiter nowhere to be seen...glasses always empty...dirty utensils...wrong change...waited for seating with at least one open table...we are very disappointed and have tried to support them in the slow times...now this is the thanks we get when business is good...a real letdown and we now question if we will back to support them in the slow summer season...

• Visited March 2013

Been to Cafe Don Giovanni? Share your experiences!