“Fantastic food & service!”
Review of Pattigeorge's Restaurant - CLOSED

Pattigeorge's Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I ate at Pattigeorges last night again. It's so nice to walk into a welcoming restaurant with a nice ambiance whether you are with a group, date night, or with friends.
We were seated at a table over looking the water & the dining area just has a really nice feel.
Our waitress was prompt, courteous & knew her menu well.
She made some suggestions, each of which we ordered & all were fabulous. Don't miss the mussels, lobster spring rolls, & tuna! The mussels are prepered with a fresh kefir lime & fantastic broth & are some of the best I've ever had. The grouper entree & pad thai were fresh & well seasoned. We never had to wait for our server to attend our table, which is huge in this area.
The panko crusted fried banana for dessert is wonderful.
We will definitely be back here & will also recommend this restaurant to all of my friends & family that visit this area, they will not be disappointed!

1  Thank tootlepops

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the best restaurant on Longboat Key and for miles around. From the minute you walk into the restaurant, you know you are in a find dining establishment. It has an intimate, luxurious ambiance. The staff is witty and fun. The menu extensive and really top notch. We have always had excellent meals here. The setting is on the waterfront with shore birds and boats in front of the windows. Convenient parking. Relatively expensive, but you get what you pay for. A special place for a special occasion...or for a great meal anytime.

1  Thank Hanuman44
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is our first stop whenever I'm in Longboat Key. The food is always wonderful and the staff makes you feel like family. I'm eating low-carb right now and they fixed up my favorite meal so I could eat it slightly differently. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This restaurant is in a beautiful location in the wealthy area of Longboat Key. It sits right alongside some serious competition including Harry's Continental Kitchen and the wonderful Euphemia Haye. The menu was by no means extensive but what was offered was a clever fusion of Asian and Carribean flavours all beautifully prepared using quality ingredients. A favorite among our party (yes, we did visit more than once in two short weeks) was the minced chicken and lettuce cups. I hate to contradict the previous reviewer's comments, because that reflects their experiences, but the lobster spring rolls were simply awesome. On different occasions I had the Thai green curry grouper (don't be put off by the "c" word - very subtle), crispy chicken stir fry and the lamb rack. I have never tasted such delicious lamb in my life before now. Many of the dishes were large enough to share and the kitchen is happy for you to do so. Never managed a dessert yet but if the starters and mains are anything to go buy I would imagine they will be just as good. Excellent wine list and good attentive staff. If pushed for a criticism, I would say at times I felt a little rushed. However, when we made it clear we weren't in a hurry, the waiting staff backed off. On each occasion we had a table with a wonderful view of of the bay. Although on the wrong side of the strip to see the sunset, a beautiful sky at dusk. Certainly one of my top ten!

1  Thank WFT149
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sit at a quiet table, watch the dolphins leap or pelicans swoop. Pattigeorges is on Sarasota Bay with a wall of windows allowing nature to entertain you. A manatee likes to come up on the side of the restaurant. If you're lucky, he'll pay you a visit while you're there. I always order seafood and this restaurant and their Chilean SeaBass sets the standard for me of what this fish should taste like. We always go to Pattigeorge's once or twice while visiting Longboat Key whether for a special occasion or a nice evening out.

1  Thank Ardis_11