“Excellent Crab claws”

Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Closed for Business We would like all of the people we had the chance to meet through the years we will miss you all Thank you From All of use at Moore's Stonecrab Restaurant
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Booked in advance for an early dinner and reconfirmed our late arrival. As we were a party of 7 I was worried about where they would seat us. However we were seated by the window with a wonderful view. My starter of bacon wrapped scallops were simply delicious as was the large Crab claws. The same excellence was for the orders of the others in my party. A truly excellent meal in a perfect location.

There are newer reviews for Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Visited Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant while biking Longboat Key. What a great place. Seated outside we watched all kinds of watercraft traveling through the inlet as well as the possibility of sealife.. Himself, in his search for the perfect PoBoy, found that although it was not quite the ultimate, was not disappointed. The sandwich was brimming with shrimp and scallops lightly breaded and accompanied by all of the PoBoy extras. I chose fish and chips. It arrived hot and tasty with a very generous serving of homemade chips. The service was leisurely and gave us time to appreciate our surroundings. We will return.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Moore's reminds me of Old Florida...nothing fancy, but delivers a consistent meal. Unfortunately, crab harvests have forced them to raise prices. I have been going there for years for their Stone Crabs.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stone crab claws are fresh and worth the visit. The fish chowder was spicy but good. Very nice view of the bay with the dolphins swimming by. The service was also excellent. If you like stone crab claws, Moore's is a must stop!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Eight of us went to Moore's tonight. None ordered Stone Crab, so that's not discussed. Chowder and bisque were nothing special. The grouper Rueben was more cole slaw than grouper or Rueben. The chip and fish platter consisted of cold, dry but crisp chips and cold pieces of fried fish; nothing special, and nothing hot. Hush puppies were okay. I think there were a few in the fish plate, but the waitress didn't inform me of that, so I proceeded to order a dozen. ANY PLACE
THAT SPECIALIZES IN FISH SHOULD NOT -- REPEAT -- NOT SERVE ITS SAUCES IN PLASTIC SQUEEZE BOTTLES.
Service was a little cloying but not by much.

Prices are moderate but the food is less than that.

Had a good time as a group; but the fish was less than ordinary.