“Great Food and Great View”
Review of Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant - CLOSED

Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Closed for Business We would like all of the people we had the chance to meet through the years we will miss you all Thank you From All of use at Moore's Stonecrab Restaurant
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Great Food and Great View”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is the third time we've eaten at Moore's. Of course we go for the stone crabs when in season. You can't beat them! Just as good as Joe's in Miami!!! Fresh, fresh, fresh. The meat falls out of the shell. When not eating stone crabs, we go for the grouper. Again, very fresh and lightly fried. It's an older restaurant - but that's part of the charm. Don't expect an elegant setting just because it is expensive. It's only expensive for the stone crabs - just like everywhere else. Happy Hour provides great prices for drinks and snacks. And the service we experienced was very good.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome dinner with family”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went here in April and really enjoyed it!!! Good atmosphere and good food. I recommend the onion rings for an appetizer! And we had a party of 10 and everyone was satisfied with their food and when you are done eating the kids enjoyed the dock and looking at fish.

Metuchen, New Jersey
“One of the most Overrated Meals I have had”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended and was most disappointing.

The crab was extremely average, service poor and slow and the meal was very expensive.

I have no problem paying a lot for an excellent meal with great service in a good location, but this was just not great.

30 Thank richardkingphoto
London, United Kingdom
“Sadly not what it used to be”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Their Stone Crab claws are a family tradition of ours and we always visit when holidaying on Longboat. I first started going to Moore's 10 years ago and my partner and his family have been going there for the last 25 years! Unfortunately it does seem the place has gone off the boil in recent years. On our last visit the stone crab claws tasted bland and our server was just as so. We ordered the stone crab claw meals and our server didn't offer us any salad or sides. My first choice wasn't available so I had the crab cakes, which were vile, really sloppy and not very nice, I ate one of them and left the rest. Moore's is overpriced for what they now offer. Not sure I'll be rushing back next time!

Visited April 2013
29 Thank taylorc1
Michigan
“Old school florida”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My Wife says to me "Im expecting rodney dangerfield to come out anytime". Initial greeting was fine. The wait staff was nice but unattending. The food was quite good and served in a timely manner. Overall, the place looked stressed. The bathrooms were not clean, this is a sign of other problems. There was nothing to make us want to return.

17 Thank TheTFamily04