“Ineffable”

Euphemia Haye Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Euphemia Haye Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2014

This restaurant is amazing and has been on LBK for years. I first started going to this restaurant in the 80'a to visit my favorite cousin. This restaurant was one we always went to whenever I would visit. I had never had sweetbreads and here they are prepared with perfection. I also loved the table side Caesar. My cousin sadly died over 7 years ago and I just went back a few weeks ago to recapture the memories which were not disappointed, only enhanced as I was with my daughter and the Godson of my cousin from England. It was a perfect evening and all 6 of us thought we had each outordered the other. I can not wait to return. It might set you back a few pennies but worth every one of them.

There are newer reviews for Euphemia Haye Restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2014

Those of you familiar with the literary world will recall the house of Miss Havisham's in the novel Great Expectations. This ambiance came to mind as I settled down to an excellent meal at Euphemiia Hay's restaurant recently on Longboat Key, just outside of Sarasota, Florida on Longboat Key. I have eaten here a number of times over the years and found the food, service, and atmosphere to be interesting and elegant. Be aware that this restaurant is not inexpensive-- most menus are a la carte-- but each dish is scrumptious and the menu has such reliables as duck and Caesar salad. The pepper steak is only recommended for those who truly love pepper! The upstairs menu is a bit lighter and sweeter (for those who love their cakes, pies, and such. A special event restaurant not to be missed.

1  Thank Bruce F
EuphemiaHaye, Owner at Euphemia Haye Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Bruce, You really hit the nail on the head when describing our restaurant's ambiance! The restaurant is named after the original owner's grandmother, Euphemia, so we decided to style the interior in her honor, with a turn-of-the-century feel. We are so happy that our restaurant evokes the magical, "euphoric" feel that we intended and we are very flattered by your remarks. Please come back to see us soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2014

This has been around for a long time but keeps a very fresh menu. Great service and wonderful food. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This review pertains to Euphemia Haye's Loft. The bar is quaint and the music is not too loud. This is the second time we visit, the first time we had dessert & tea and we LOVED it. The second time, we thought we'd do a light dinner and dessert. The Waldorf salad was delicious and so were the buckwheat crepes with smoked salmon, but the pizza... oh boy that was bad. Honestly, I've had frozen pizzas that were better than this pizza with duck and allegedly shiitake mushrooms. The apple something crumb pie was to be warm, yet is was luke (almost cold) warm. I know we all have bad days, but restaurants like Euphemia are expected to be above the 'bad days' and provide consistent quality.

2  Thank Rocky93
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I first visited this restaurant in the 1970's. I've returned many times since. Though ownership and personnel have changed over the years, the spirit has not. The food is always creative and the service is extremely courteous and timely without hovering. The ambiance is perfect - small spaces in a converted house. My wife usually orders an appetizer only and there is never pressure to order more. The wine list covers a wide range with good values at every level. I've never been disappointed!