“special special occasion restaurant.”

Euphemia Haye Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Euphemia Haye Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

after having read some very mixed revues here I will set out just what I found on my visit..After being recommended by one of the best food and wine experts that I know I was not disappointed. We had a stunning table down at the water. The staff were that mix of super efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. food was superb wine list was stunning but out of my price range at the top end. All in all an absolutely world class dining out experience.

P.S. anyone who dines out at a top priced restaurant and then orders steak is stupid anyway.I am one of those people who have steaks at home on my BBQ. When I go out I want a dish that is either unique surprising or takes a lot of preparation like Lobster Thermidor Im not saying Im right but that's my opinion for what its worth.

1  Thank 996GordonVFR

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Euphemia Hayes is by far one of the most romantic restaurants we have ever been to and the food is exquisite. From the chef on down, the entire staff is wonderful and always accommodating.

1  Thank IceLady04
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We went to the retaurant along with another couple. The prices are quite high, but honestly wouldn't have minded had the food and service been consistently wonderful. The duck pate was delightful, as was the shrimp appetizer. ...However my veal entree was only so-so, my husband's selection was also lacking salt and imagination. Lastly, our server was not particularly helpful, friendly or attentive. Everything is ala carte, descriptions of the offerings available would be appreciated. This is our second trip to the restaurant in as many months; the first time our server was much better. But unfortunately, I think it will be awhile before we return to try again.

1  Thank SRQPJ
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The service was way below par....both dishes were sent back due to a pasta dish being cold and a prime steak over cooked. Never in my dining experience have I had a general manager/ chef tell me how to order the temperature of a steak (he returned my steak I sent back to the table) was uncomfortable and completely unprofessional! I couldn't even eat my meal w my company due to the time lapse from their reheats and my recook. If I have any advice only do the desert room! It was great however me and my guests will never return and I will pass the word to all I know! Waste of money and experience!!!

4  Thank AJPSRQ
EuphemiaHaye, Owner at Euphemia Haye Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

We are sorry that you didn't have an enjoyable experience. We certainly apologize if you were not pleased with your steak or pasta. We take pride in the quality of our food and service, so we will certainly address your complaints with our staff.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Although the Snails Leslie was bland and lacked flavor, our entrees, Roasted Duckling, Sweetbreads, and the Grouper catch of the day had no complaints. Even though, we were not happy with our dining experience. We were discussing it later and determined that our poor dining experience was cause by the attitude of our server. He did not seem to be interested in our table and was very short with us. There are too many good eateries in the surrounding 10 miles, I will probably not return on my next trip to Longboat Keyee.

1  Thank SeanorLike2Eat