“Amazing desserts!”

Euphemia Haye Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Euphemia Haye Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing desserts!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We decided to stop by for dessert and to listen to music in the bar. The dessert choices were amazing. We had the Triple Berry Glaze Pie and our friends the Southern Pecan Pie heated with ice cream. The portions were huge, but we left only crumbs!

• Visited July 2013

Washington, DC
“Food Baby to be delivered”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ate too much, but it was all wonderful. Pepper steak was delicious, as was the snapper. Gladly moved us from a room with large, louder tables in it to intimate corner. Finished upstairs with great apple crumble a la mode.

• Visited July 2013
EuphemiaHaye, Owner at Euphemia Haye Restaurant, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit! When you are ready to have another "food baby" please come and see us again!
Sarasota
“Overrated and past it's prime”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

After hearing people brag about this restaurant, my husband and I decided to try it. I don't consider myself a "foodie" but I do know good food and am well traveled. The restaurant is quaint and has a welcoming atmosphere but it stops there. The tables are way to close together so there's little privacy. The food was mediocre. We had the hummus appetizer which was just o.k. We both had the filet. I've heard it melts in your mouth and can be cut with a fork. Not true. I've had better steaks at many other restaurants. The rest was so blah that I can't even remember it.

We went upstairs for dessert and felt like we walked into the Regal Beagle from "Three's Company"! Wow...update the upstairs and get out of the 70's. The dessert choices were very limited. We had the pistachio cake and chocolate peanut butter pie. The cake was good (not great) but the chocolate peanut butter pie was so sweet we had to stop at two forkfuls (and we love desserts).

Of other note, I found it interesting that our leftovers were placed in containers that resemble take out Chinese food boxes. We found it odd coming from such a highly talked about restaurant.

All in all, it seemed to me that this place hit it's prime years ago. I would not go back.

• Visited April 2013
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time at this restaurant and usually we eat downstairs, but me and my wife decided to give the loft a try. Now the funny thing is I've read some of these previous reviews and its obvious that(some people just don't get out much) because from start to finish our time was amazing. Our server Brett was very well spoken knowledged about the history of the this restaurant quick to answer any question I had for him and his recommendations were spot on. I had the eggplant while my wife had the signature roasted duckling OMG. Unfortunately we did not have any of a magnificent pies that they have to choose from but when we come back that will be the first thing we do. With that said I would definitely be coming back.

• Visited June 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“AMAZING FOOD, STAFF AND SERVICE 100%”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's not often you find a restaurant that exceeds your expectations in all three areas! Euphemia Haye was highly recommended from a friend of mine so I went to see for myself and my oh my! As soon as I walked in, I was kindly greeted and was immediatley seated. Even if there are no seats or tables available you can enjoy the tunes of a great jazz band and drinks at the bar upstairs. (Make sure you ask for Laura the cocktail waitress if she's there) All the staff that we had interaction with was very nice and pleasant to talk to. Our waiter was very attentive and concious of anything we needed..before we even asked! And the FOOD?! Wow! I get hungry just thinking about it! I had their duck pizza and potato du joir and if it was appropriate I would've licked my plate... And make sure to leave room for dessert! If you get a chance, take the dessert tour! The red velvert is to die for! Or the brownie, or the chocolate cake or creme brulee are a few of my faves from their extensive dessert menu. Hands down..you have to go! You will not regret it!

• Visited June 2013