“Wealthy Retirees' Delight!”

Euphemia Haye Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Euphemia Haye Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Got a few bucks and want to mingle with the silvers? This is the place. This is the gold standard for Sarasota brahmins who just can't wait to sink their teeth into that $53 steak (a la carte!) Don't get me wrong - the quality of the food is very good and the service is pretty good (a little better if you are one of the recognized brahmins) and the wine list is extensive (and expensive) We went for a romantic dinner on a special occasion and were generally satisfied, but we just felt for half the final tab ($170) we could have stayed closer to town and had an equally satisfying dining experience in a little more vibrant surroundings. This was our fourth visit, but I think we will try and age gracefully before we achieve brahmin status and seek re-entry.

2  Thank DocSkier

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The British amongst you may be grateful to be able to divide the bill by 1.6 so a top class meal drops down to 50% of what you would pay in a top class European restaurant. Their speciality of roast duck at $38 is god value if you have crossed the Atlantic. Crispy skin with mash bit of a wow factor. The Mercurey was served ten degrees under room temperature but no matter. The decor remains more Orient Express than US Longboat Key and make no mistake you have moved from Anna Maria into the money zone with the car park full of fairly exotic machinery and the bar graced with women out of Dallas. Go there as a treat or special occasion it is one of the best restaurants around so Ok you have to get a mortgage!! Remember work for a lifestyle not money so you justify enjoying yourselves. You will get lots of Brownie points if you take that special person there and you won't have to eat agin for a few days if you sample their desserts.

1  Thank shardeloes
Reviewed November 6, 2012

After 27 years of patronage and on the celebration of my 64th Birthday I had the most distasteful experience of my life at Euphemia Haye. Atrue dark spot was put on this occasion even after being greeted by the owner Ray and our servor Billy. I was unaware that there were time limitations on dining and that you had only two hours to dine and then you had to vacate your table. Never in my life had I been subjected to this arrogant, rude and discourteous behaviour. Upon the conclusion of our dinner we ordered coffee and found the check waiting to be paid. We left a rather generous gratuity exceeding 30 percent. Upon arrival of the coffee we were advised that another party was waiting for our table and we had a two hour dining period and would now need to vacate the table. Before even enjoying our coffee. There were several vacated tables in the room, but we were instructed to leave. Beware, that you are on a clock when dining at Euphemia Haye and will be told to leave once the clock expries-this is the height of arrogance, rudeness and outrageousness on the part of this hyped up restaurant. I would like the 60. gratuity returned as well as the cost of the coffee since they are being this ill-mannered. After 27 years of patronage I will advise those who seek to dine here to think about this abusive behaviour on behalf of this establishment and their servor!

ron unger
director of ibe
sarasota, florida

7  Thank Ronald U
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Relaxing athmosphere, good service, but loud and little privacy.
Food wise, menu is diverse, wine list is above average.
Food was fresh, well cooked, beautiful presentation. However, be prepared to wait for your meal.
I recommended with no hesitation

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had read about this restaurant in a tourist leaflet and wanted to make reservations for their Haye Loft, an upstairs lounge with entertainment and dining tables, but was told it was only "first come, first served" in the loft. The pianist, Eddie Tobin, started at 7:30 and we arrived close to that time to find only a couple bar patrons and one diner in that area. Getting a table was not a problem.

At this time of year the Loft is featuring a $35 price fixe menu that includes several choices for appetizer, main course and dessert. This menu is on the very last page of the very extensive and expensive menu book. It also mentions that the portions will be smaller than usual. We didn't find that to be the situation.

Our server was efficient and very helpful. My husband ordered snails and lamb shank. I had the shrimp and pasta with Caesar salad. All was very good. Though only 3 or 4 dessert choices were listed with this special menu, our waiter told us that all desserts were available to us. We went to the dessert bar for the "tour" of each one and then ordered our favorite with our waiter. The dessert portions were enormous. We could barely finish them. We also noticed that some people were coming up to the loft for dessert only. It looked like a popular place for those who want a late night sweet treat.

We enjoyed our food, service and the music. This restaurant was an excellent choice for us.