“Summer on the back bay”

Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy a delicious fresh Florida seafood meal inside the quaint dining room, on the outdoor covered deck or under the ancient Buttonwood Trees overlooking picturesque Sarasota Bay. Farm to fork, gulf to table and pasture to plate. It's waterfront dining with a unique atmosphere. Leave a dollar bill on the wall and a little bit of your heart to find on your return visit. Voted #1 place to Dock and Dine with our own private 14 slip dock. There is no place quite like the Mar Vista for real Florida dining.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a great summertime dining experience on the back bay! Short wait in the bar where our guys had Rum Runners - Curtis, the bartender, was a master! We started lunch with sushi tuna (grade b) and you peel 'em shrimp - should have gotten two orders of these! They had run out of the kogi tacos, so our table ordered 1 crab cake sandwich and 3 grouper sandwiches, two fried and one blackened. They were great! Slaw was tasty; fries were crispy! Too full for dessert. An overall pleasant experience to catch up with relatives we don't get to see often enough!

2  Thank Panhandlemama
Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit and Great review. Our LBK rum runners are legendary and when it comes to Curtis; let me just say they broke the mold when he was made! He is a great personality behind the bar and has a great following. I will make sure to commend him for your kind words. Sorry about the Kogi tacos but it sound like your other choices were great substitutes. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit if there is anything I can do to make your dining experience a better one. Once again thank You

Anthony Cucci
Mar Vista Restaurant
941-383-2391

Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Location, location, location... then add good food & good service, and you have a winner!
Definately a place you want to try out!

2  Thank Diane D
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I had to stay inside because of the rain, but if you could eat outside, the atmosphere would probably be amazing. Our server was very friendly. The drinks (I had a Vista Blue) were good and not weak. My steak was only average but my husband loved his tropical grouper. The homemade key lime pie was also excellent. Since we only had one night out without the kids, I'm glad we ventured here. Although there were many families there as well.

2  Thank FloridaGatortravels
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had baked seafood medley. Had 3 huge scallops, 3 huge shrimp, a huge crab cake, and a small lobster tail. Could have used a little more butter and garlic, but wasn't bad at all. Service was great. Price was as expected for a tourist town. Loved the feel of the old building and property. Old Florida. You can keep the high rises and new fangled crap. Give me old florida!

2  Thank dennymonk
Reviewed July 3, 2013

All I can say was wow!! Amazing view,outstanding service and yummy food!! Loved the drive to Mar Vista, the peacocks were really cool to watch!!! Thanks:)

1  Thank Reejim