“Great location on Sarasota Bay”

Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy a delicious fresh Florida seafood meal inside the quaint dining room, on the outdoor covered deck or under the ancient Buttonwood Trees overlooking picturesque Sarasota Bay. Farm to fork, gulf to table and pasture to plate. It's waterfront dining with a unique atmosphere. Leave a dollar bill on the wall and a little bit of your heart to find on your return visit. Voted #1 place to Dock and Dine with our own private 14 slip dock. There is no place quite like the Mar Vista for real Florida dining.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nice food, wonderful outside seating on the bay, good service, This restaurant is located on the northern end of Longboat Key. The prices are reasonable. I would recommend the Blackened Grouper as it was cooked to perfection.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good tuna and generally pretty good food. Years ago it had an even homier atmosphere which has gotten a bit "corporate." But--the decor and overall ambiance is still worth it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The only good part of this restaurant was the setting. We sat in the "tree" area which was very nice everything else AWFUL!!
The service was terrible! We waited to be waited on. Then our server "Luis" (I think) acted like we were bothering him. When the food finally arrived mine and my sister's dinners were burnt and over cooked. We told Luis and he just shrugged his shoulders and didn't care. Well, let me tell you, after paying $180.00 for a dinner for 4 that was so over priced and overcooked, people need to be warned about this. DO NOT eat at this restaurant unless you have money to burn, it is NOT worth it. Totally ruined my mother's 80th birthday dinner!!

1  Thank Niceandcozy
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've had bad service here. I'm not very impressed with the menu and I've ended up getting a chickens sandwich every time I've went for lack of finding something more appealing. If it wasn't for other people making me go, I'd just stay away.

1  Thank Pyroklept
Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and review of the Mar Vista Restaurant. I apologize that your latest dining experience did not live up to the local recommendations. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit and I will arrange for Chef George to prepare a sampling of some of his newest creations.

Anthony Cucci
Mar Vista Restaurant

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We came across this lovely spot while out walking in Longboat Key's old "village" today and stopped for a quick snack. What a treat! Lovely spot under the trees by the dock; great service from the charming Caleb, and the blackened grouper sandwich was not at all bad either! We will be back, and as soon as possible.

Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and review of the Mar Vista. Yes we are a little off the beaten path, but we are glad you found us. I will make sure that Caleb is recongnized for your wonderful comments. If there is anything we can do to make your dining experience better on your next visit, please do not hesitate to ask for me. Once again thank you.

Anthony Cucci