“Locally-Recommended, for some reason”

Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy a delicious fresh Florida seafood meal inside the quaint dining room, on the outdoor covered deck or under the ancient Buttonwood Trees overlooking picturesque Sarasota Bay. Farm to fork, gulf to table and pasture to plate. It's waterfront dining with a unique atmosphere. Leave a dollar bill on the wall and a little bit of your heart to find on your return visit. Voted #1 place to Dock and Dine with our own private 14 slip dock. There is no place quite like the Mar Vista for real Florida dining.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Locally-Recommended, for some reason”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've had bad service here. I'm not very impressed with the menu and I've ended up getting a chickens sandwich every time I've went for lack of finding something more appealing. If it wasn't for other people making me go, I'd just stay away.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Pyroklept
Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and review of the Mar Vista Restaurant. I apologize that your latest dining experience did not live up to the local recommendations. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit and I will arrange for Chef George to prepare a sampling of some of his newest creations.

Mar Vista Restaurant

Aveyron, France
“First visit - not the last!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We came across this lovely spot while out walking in Longboat Key's old "village" today and stopped for a quick snack. What a treat! Lovely spot under the trees by the dock; great service from the charming Caleb, and the blackened grouper sandwich was not at all bad either! We will be back, and as soon as possible.

• Visited October 2012
Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and review of the Mar Vista. Yes we are a little off the beaten path, but we are glad you found us. I will make sure that Caleb is recongnized for your wonderful comments. If there is anything we can do to make your dining experience better on your next visit, please do not hesitate to ask for me. Once again thank you.

Mar Vista Restaurant
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff was very plesant and quite knowledgeable on local sightseeing, the daily special was awesome and they substituted to our preferences, food served within acceptable timeframe, beautiful on water dining experience, was a bit difficult to find but glas we did

Visited July 2012
1 Thank S H
South Wales, uk.
“We can't stay away.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visit Anna Maria Island every year and we always pay a visit to Mar Vistas. The food is good but the location is idyllic. Sit by the waterfront and relax. We love lunch there but anytime is good.

• Visited October 2012
Boothbay, Maine
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Seems to be hit or miss on the food. I have a good meal there, But then sometimes the food just doesn't make it. Don't like drinks in plastic cups.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank pelican33
Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and review of the Mar Vista. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your dining experience. Your feedback, good and bad, is critical to our operation and success. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit if I can do anything to make your experience better.
p.s. we are working on the plastic cups.