“Just OK”

Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy a delicious fresh Florida seafood meal inside the quaint dining room, on the outdoor covered deck or under the ancient Buttonwood Trees overlooking picturesque Sarasota Bay. Farm to fork, gulf to table and pasture to plate. It's waterfront dining with a unique atmosphere. Leave a dollar bill on the wall and a little bit of your heart to find on your return visit. Voted #1 place to Dock and Dine with our own private 14 slip dock. There is no place quite like the Mar Vista for real Florida dining.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Seems to be hit or miss on the food. I have a good meal there, But then sometimes the food just doesn't make it. Don't like drinks in plastic cups.

1  Thank pelican33
Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and review of the Mar Vista. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your dining experience. Your feedback, good and bad, is critical to our operation and success. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit if I can do anything to make your experience better.
p.s. we are working on the plastic cups.

Anthony Cucci

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great place to relax and have enjoyable meal..Great oysters on half shell and my wife said the mussels were the BEST !!!! If you are ever near Longboat Key you must try Mar Vista...Lunch or evening anytime is great...Our waitress Alice was soooooo nice..

Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and review of The Mar Vista Restaurant. We do have a special place here and Alice does a great job for us. I will make sure she is recognized for you kind words. On your next visit please feel free to ask for me if there is anything that will make your dining experience better.

Anthony Cucci

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Located on scenic Longboat Key the atmosphere here is always incredible, scenic view of the bay, and good service. The steampots are incredible but you won't go wrong with anything on their menu. Only suggestion would be to be careful with small kids after dark as being close to the water and wooded there seems to be alot of bugs and the kids were eaten up by the time we left. There is inside dining also available but who wants to give up the views! Register online and you get great deals on birthdays and anniversarys!

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went here based on a local recommendation and was not disappointed. The restaurant, located just before you cross the bridge to Bradenton Beach, doesn't look like much, but don't let that fool you!

There is great open-air seating out back. We sat under the tree looking at the water. At night, the trees are strung with lights, which adds to the atmosphere.

The food is spectacular! I ordered the peel and eat shrimp, served icy cold with cocktail sauce. Great fresh shrimp, not too big, cooked perfectly. We also tried the gourmet tater tots - order these!! They are balls of tater tots, filled with cheese and goodness, deep-fried to perfection. Really delicious.

As a main entree, we ordered the grouper sandwich. Really tasty fish, cooked well, not overdone. I can't say much about the sides - I was too full from all the appetizers!

This is a great spot if you're looking for really high quality food with a quieter, local atmosphere.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I came here for dinner the first night of our honeymoon. We got a half dozen of their oysters on the half shell for an appetizer (delicious! and decently priced!) and then I had their Seared Ahi Tuna (pricey...$27 I think). The Ahi was good but not fantastic like I would expect from a $27 piece of tuna. It was well cooked just lacked seasoning; perhaps if they had served it with more of the soy sauce it was marinaded in? The drinks were good, but on the pricier end. Dessert, was beyond fantastic...it was chocolate in the shape of a brownie but it had more of an airy creamy texture and they served it with their homemade caramel and fudge sauce....to die for! Honestly, I think I'd go back just for their dessert!

2  Thank Lindsay D