“Our Perfect Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sandpiper Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
“Our Perfect Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2004

After reading someones, faceless , nameless review of the "Riviera Beach Resort " and how they claim to have been decieved by the owners, I am astounded at how low rent some people can be.
If you wanna know what a great place the Riviera is for a wedding just see the September 16th issue of the, "Longboat Key Observer",the cities local newspaper. My wife and I had nothing but an awesome experience when we decided to have our wedding there.
John & Jenny really came through for us in the shadow of hurricane Ivan. Despite the recent power outages and uncertainty of a possible impending disaster, they really went to bat for us and hit a home run!!!
We rented the whole resort for the weekend, for less than some resorts would charge you for a few hours.
I swear to you if we had spent a hundred thousand dollars on a wedding anywhere in the world, it could not have been any more perfect!!!
What an awesome day! We will return to the Riviera for many years to come and enjoy its gardens and unique privacy.
Thank You John & Jenny, for the perfect Wedding day!
Steven and Denise Ellerbe
1410 Ariana Blvd.
Auburndale Fl.-33823

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2004

My daughter thought that she had found the perfect paradise for her wedding and reception - but little did we know that these people can not be trusted by their word. I would not recommend this place to anyone after what we have gone through. Even to stay at this "resort", I would require a contract with everything spelled out. Eight months prior to the wedding, they accepted a deposit that was sent with a letter thanking them for allowing us to have my daughter's wedding AND reception at this resort. We did not have them sign a legal contract, which I guess was our downfall. But my daughter thought that these people were honest and to be trusted. Within 25 days of the wedding they told us that we could have the wedding but not the reception there. We had done everything that they had requested. We had arranged for all of the details ( rentals, decorations, cake, etc ) for a wedding and reception to be held at that location. The wedding party had reserved rooms at the resort and guests had booked other rooms in nearby locations. With such short notice, we are still scrambling to make everything come together at a different location.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
arlington, va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2004

We visited the Riviera Beach Resort in Aug. 2004. We choose this place based on the glowing reviews it received on Trip Advisor. Yes, I agree that the landscaping was beautiful and John and Jenny were extremely nice. The beach was wonderful, just steps from our door. And the rates were very good. We had a fine vacation. But there were several things about the place that I wish I had known. For example, the kitchen does not have a dishwasher. Also if you want clean towels you have to bring your dirty ones down to the office by a certain time. And you have to take your own trash to the dumpster. Our room was drab and really needed updating. Also, I was told that there were beach chairs, umbrellas, and sand toys available. There were beach chairs and ONE umbrella to stick in the sand. The other umbrellas were stuck in tables and you couldn't take them out for any shade while playing in the sand. The sands toys that were available were just random, there wasn't even a bucket and pail. We had to go into town to buy some. Overall, our trip was nice and we had a good time. But it was work too. I feel like this is a very nice Motel. But if you are expecting a resort, as their name says, think again.

9 Thank Arlingtontraverler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2004

I have been coming to Riviera Beach Resort since I was an infant, now I bring my children back every year. I love the privacy of the small, family owned resort, along with the lushish tropical plantings. I have searched other places in Long Boat Key, and this by far is the most wonderful. The Riviera Beach Resort is a summer tradition instilled in me as a child and is now were I treasure hunt every summer with my two precious boys.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2004

We are Florida natives and crave for the old Florida feel. Riveria Beach Resort is exactly what we were looking for. Jen and John are such gracious hosts. The gardens are a true paradise. The beach is beautiful and the local restaurants are fantastic. We've recommended this place to all our true Florida natives. Those who took our advice and visited said, like us we'll be back again real soon. Jimmy B our Quaker Parrot loves it to.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2004

We have been coming to Riviera Beach Resort for
over 20 years. Obviously we like the place. The landscaping brings us, the new owners, John & Jenny, are the best. The whole Key, the gulf. It is, for us, fantastic. We leave our cold Canada
and enjoy for 2 months.
For us it is simply the best. Highly recommend it if you can get a spot.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2004

We have been going to the Riviera for six years and every year its get better. John and Jenny are perfect hosts that make your stay all the better. We truly consider the Riviera our home away from home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
#5 of 6 in Longboat Key
Outrigger Resort
Outrigger Resort
#4 of 6 in Longboat Key

Been to Sandpiper Inn? Share your experiences!