This is our second stay at Sandpiper Inn and couldn't be happier. I will review both stays one back in March 2014 and May 2014. Our first stay was in the studio unit 100 it was nicely remolded queen bed which was good but bed might be a bit soft for those with back issues. The room has a small kitchen no stove just a microwave, toaster oven and fridge. The bathroom is spacious with a shower. We liked the room for it had all we needed but the noises were a bit much. The bed is next to sliding door which needs to be replaced since its old and its somewhat loose so noises sip through it. Also one can hear road noise and other guest outside talking. Our second stay was in unit 107 also nicely remolded had full kitchen and a separate bedroom with a king bed which was ok comfort wise. Both units were clean and tidy. No noises this time since it has the separate room which sits toward back of unit. The only thing was the sheets were stained so we addressed owners and got us some other sheets and bathroom fan did not work so it got very steamy had to open bathroom window but it gets hot if its hot outside no a/c in bathroom. The beach is only a few yards away which is so nice and relaxing. The grounds are nicely kept. Owners Chris and Harold are very hospitable and try to accommodate your needs. There are some restaurants close by or one can bring your own groceries/food and cook in unit. Overall our experience has been a good one only some minor things but definitely recommend the Sandpiper Inn and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments all fully furnished with outside patios, all ground level, overlooking lush landscaping and/or our beach, fully equipped kitchens. Private beach furnished with loungers, tables, secluded and unspoiled with fantastic views. Restaurants within walking distance, shopping, theatre, arts, tennis courts, golf, biking all close by. Small dogs allowed. Previously known as Riviera Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandpiper Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Longboat Key
- Sandpiper Motel Longboat Key