We usually stay in Anna Maria for our long weekends and summer vacations, but for this trip we needed to be a little closer to Sarasota. Found Sandpiper Inn, and based on the great ratings, decided to give it a try. This is a wonderful little gem, and is now our new favorite place to stay! The room was super-clean, well-stocked, and the air conditioning was extremely quiet and cold. The unit also had the biggest, best quality TV of any beach rental I've ever seen (may not be important to everyone, but it WAS the first game of football season!). So close to the beach, and a very private beach at that. The lounge chairs provided on the beach were an extra-special treat, as were the fluffy beach towels the owner gave us at check-in. The only negative - and it's a small one - is that the pool is really small and needs a little attention. Again, not that important since the gulf is so close, but the kids like to play in the pool from time to time. Overall, a great weekend trip to Longboat, and we will return to the Sandpiper Inn next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments all fully furnished with outside patios, all ground level, overlooking lush landscaping and/or our beach, fully equipped kitchens. Private beach furnished with loungers, tables, secluded and unspoiled with fantastic views. Restaurants within walking distance, shopping, theatre, arts, tennis courts, golf, biking all close by. Small dogs allowed. Previously known as Riviera Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandpiper Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Longboat Key
- Sandpiper Motel Longboat Key