“i will go back again”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Raleigh
“i will go back again”
Reviewed April 27, 2009

nice and clean beach, quite and safe place. rooms on the tower are very nice and looking at water.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We booked on-line through Resort Quest as we had a great experience in the past w/ another Resort Quest property in Longboat so we expected the same quality/standards, but were sadly disappointed. The only positive of the unit we stayed in was the view...which was amazing. However, the unit was filthy. So much of the unit was in desperate need of repair/replacement. Some examples: HVAC vents were moldy, tile floors were sticky, walls had many marks, spills, splashes, refrigerator was rusty, kitchen table appeared to have been poorly painted in a varnish product which collected impressions of everything that had ever sat on the table (due to high FL humidity), crud in drawers, etc., etc. Each unit is individually owned and apparently the owner is not interested in maintaining a quality rental property. I was told that some units are better than the one we stayed in which I am sure is true. But, until Resort Quest is able to maintain a consistent quality standard, I would caution anyone renting in this property. Yes, the on-line pictures were good, but they didn't show the true condition of the unit.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CheerMom95
Kansas City
Reviewed April 3, 2009

We spent a lovely week at Turtle Crawl Inn (#T401) March 3-10, 2009. Our beach front condo was perfectly located in a quiet stretch at the middle of Longboat Key, so it's only a few miles to either end of the island. Restaurants, retail and grocery store are all close by. We quickly felt at home and loved the AMAZING views and sunsets our condo offered! What a joy to drink coffee on the balcony and watch the dolphins. Our unit was very clean and comfortable and offered most everything we needed for a week's stay - a perfect and unpretentious place to relax and unwind. The beach area is quiet and just a few steps from the building. We had fun playing shuffleboard and there is also a small putting green and cabana. Beach umbrellas, towels and chairs were provided as well. We rented our condo through a private owner and communication was excellent. He checked in with us at the beginning of our stay to make certain everything was adequate and then again at the end of our stay. We'll definitely stay here again on future trips to LBK and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I booked into the Turtle as part of a Travelocity package. I will not stay again. My first floor unit (#62) did not have a patio or balcony just a view towards a garage where they do the hotel's laundry and maintenance. The putting green had holes everywhere, the remotes didn't work for the TVs, the place had mildew all around the AC intake grate, 1 lamp was missing from the living room and there were still rings from glasses on the table from previous guests. The beachside location is great and there is a small pool.

Stayed October 2008
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 19, 2008

My husband & I have just returned from 4 nights/5 days in Unit 401 Turtle Crawl Inn. This condo had a panoramic view of the gulf from the balcony and gorgeous views of the sunset. We wanted rest & relaxation without crowds & huge condo towers. We loved this part of the island due to the fact that it is not very populated. We felt like we had the beach all to ourselves. The closest beach goers were 200 feet from us. The beach is gorgeous not to mention the marine life. We saw many crabs, birds, sting rays, and yes even a nurse shark.

The pool is small but very clean...the liner looked very new. Not sure how many people it would accomodate though. Next to the pool is a covered picnic area where you can grill and eat on the beach. They also have a shuffleboard & putting green available as well. Plenty of beach chairs were available on the beach for renters.

We paid $119 per night for our 1 bedroom/1 bathroom on the 4th level which we thought was an excellent value for Longboat Key. There were 2 queen beds in the oversized bedroom.

If you are looking for a 5 star designer room then this would not be the place for you. Yes it is a very clean unit & bug free however it was a tad dated inside (furniture, bathroom) and it did not have a dishwasher in the kitchen nor did it have a washer & dryer in the unit.

But this place fit all of our needs which was: Quiet, Clean, Awesome Beach View, Gulf Front, Beautiful Sand/Beach, Not a Commercialized Beach City

• Liked — Private, Panoramic Gulf Front Location
  • Disliked — Dated Furniture/Building but who cares when you just want to be on the beach & hear the waves
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank luv2goontrips
Hollywood
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Booked this hotel online through RESORT QUEST.
The online photos looked wonderful, so I booked the room at a special "Florida Resident" discount rate.
We stayed in Unit 61, June 19th, 2008.
It was horrible.
We arrived after hours so we weren't able to contact anyone and with no where else to go at that late hour we just decided to stick it out and stay the night.
This room was nasty. One of the beds was actually swaying back and forth when you sat on it. The frame was not attached proplery to the headboard. There were double sized mattresses in queen sized beds. The linens were dirty and stained, as were the bedspreads. Stains, dings and holes in the walls. The paint was chipped and faded. Lights were blown out in the bedroom area.The a/c unit was noisy and smelly. Musty too- the filter was totally dirty. The blinds were inoperable. The alarm clock was broken. There were ants in the shower stall. The showerhead itself was taped up with what looked like black electrical tape. The bathroom was dirty and the doorknobs were broken. The front entry door was even sticking and squeaky. The entryway floor was full of sand. This unit was attached to another unit. The walls seemed paper thin. I could hear everything next door, including someone snoring! I barely slept.
Went to the front office the next morning and gave them a punch list. They said they could start working on the room and see what they could get done that day but it was Saturday and I was sure they wouldn't be able to do much as it was already after 10 a.m. I asked for another room. They said they had no other rooms available in my "price range" anywhere on the coast! I decided to leave. I asked for a full refund and I did not get it. I had to pay $191 for the one night's stay (my "special rate"). They said they were sorry. Maybe I was lucky to get any refund at all but I will NEVER book through RESORT QUEST again. I was literally sick the next morning, sore throat, allergies and so was my asthmatic daughter. I also have pictures of the unit to back up these claims. I understand that the management said the room was supposed to be remodeled but why then did they rent it out? Just realize that when you book online you don't always get what you think you're going to get, so beware fellow travelers, beware...and read the fine print.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank karloski
Mulberry, Fl
Reviewed August 9, 2008

What a wonderful place!! We stayed in the Garden Building in room #62 and it was a nice clean room!! There are minor repairs needed but they were in the closet. Who cares!!! The Inn is very quiet! The pool is small but we had it to ourselves most of the time!! The beach is beautiful and the Inn supplies beachtowels and beach chairs which was really nice!!! The staff was very nice!! We will probably try to stay in the tower next time just because unit 62 does not have a patio but we knew that before going!!! I have included some pics!! I have to admit I was a little leary after reading a couple of the reviews but we met families there that have been there several times and keep coming back!! I'm sure we will also go back we had a fabulous time!!!

• Liked — We were only steps away from the beach and the pool! You could hear waves crashing as you swam!
  • Disliked — No patio in the unit we stayed in.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
#1 of 6 in Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
The Beach on Longboat Key
#11 of 20 in Longboat Key

Been to Turtle Crawl Inn Resort? Share your experiences!