“Little Gull Cottages”

and 1 more site!
Little Gull Cottages
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Thanks so much to the staff at Little Gull for making this and outstanding vacation memory for both my father and myself.

The amenities are amazing and this is such a friendly resort. The office staff as well as the grounds keeper were so personable and so helpful with all of my needs. The manager was as well and such a blessing.

The views are spectacular with the bayside offering dock access with a shaded sitting area for my father in which to watch the daily activies of the fish and the birds. The fish would have a gently dance as they would jump out the water. The birds and pelicans gave quite a daily show as well on both the bayside and the gulf side from the diving of the pelicans for each meal or the gentle gliding through the air as they jockey for position on the wooden pilings off the dock area. It was quite relaxing.

Inside the units I found every luxury of home from the design and open layout of the kitchen/living room area to the ample living area in each bedroom. The luxury of the units include the large step in shower in the master bath, and wow, the kitchen with the granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances were so nice.

The 4 bedroom unit which overlooks the bay was such a blessing and so relaxing. Each morning we would sit in the breakfast area and overlook the "dancing" fish. and the swooning birds. There were every kind to see, from the cranes to the pelicans to the large water craft even to the small kayaks and fishing boats. There was a show at every turn.

I absolutely loved it, every aspect of this resort and it's prime location. If you ever need a great place to stay, this is it! I would very much recommend it for the family or for the indivdual.

Enjoy and tell them Jackie referred you. You will love it as much as I did.

Jackie Kirkwood

Room Tip: Get up early to enjoy every day.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jackie K

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had to come back again to rave over this place, even though I don't usually do multiple reviews of establishments. I think these people know exactly what it means to need a vacation, and not one in a sterile environment with no attention to livability. It feels like home here. We come once a year if possible, but had to skip last year. This year's visit was just as fantastic as the rest. I appreciate the quiet environment more than anything, and yet this is not a resort that's isolated from the world. If you want to get away to a really gorgeous destination and still feel connected to society, Little Gull is my top recommendation. From the booking process, to checking in (they STILL have the most friendly office staff I've ever encountered) to your stay, you will not regret it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Valerie F
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My family and I spent a week at Little Gull in June. We had a very nice time. The facilities are really nice and the beach is lovely. The BBQs work very well. The pool is clean and warm. Just be sure to bring some bug spray. I would recommend Little Gull to anyone interested in staying on Longboat Key. We’ve also stayed two doors down at The Beach Castle and although it’s nice, we prefer Little Gull.

We also love to dine around Longboat Key. We tried the Lazy Lobster, right across the street from Little Gull. We loved it! The food and service were great. There was also a 10% off coupon in the catholic church bulletin. The Lazy Lobster also has a great happy hour from 4-5:30pm with great drink specials and early bird dinners. We also tried the Island Time bar on Anna Maria and it was fun. There are nightly specials for $3 and also a good happy hour. We made it to the Crab and Fin on St Armand’s Circle for the 5:45 early bird. The Crab and Fin is always good with excellent service.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank babie22559
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed at Little Gull several times. Our family is absoultely in love with Little Gull and Long Boat Key. With two toddlers, the beach and pool access and privacy is perfect. The cottages are private, clean and nicely furnished.

We have stayed in unit 11 a few times which is right by the pool and play area. We stayed in Unit 1 and I have to say it is a fantasic beach experience. In both units we had a nice porch with a close BBQ grill near by. There is not much that can beat having coffee in the morning, listing to the beach while munching on toast.

All of the units have been renovated recently and they have wifi access. There are a few nice restaurants and shops nearby. St. Armand's circle is a quick drive away for some good icecream and shopping. And, the Mote Aquarium is a great place for the kids to visit.

The management and staff are extremely helpful and always greet you with a smile.
It really is a little bit of paradise....:)

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank bethk973
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed in cottage #1 and it was an absolute dream! I cant say enough good things about the location and view from the cottage. The complex is quiet and feels like you are miles away from civilization, however, conveniently located close to area attractions.
The only negatives are the carpet throughout the cottage (which is not very practical for the beach) and the decor (particularly in the living area) is rather antiquated, however, that would not stop me from returning. Just the location makes up for the dark, grandmother-like decor.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank SeychellesDream
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My in-laws live in Sarasota which was the reason for our trip. I didn't think I would like Florida, and I am not fond of high rise buildings on the beach. Thank goodness I found Little Gull Cottages. Our cottage was quaint, well equipped, and spotless. (not a palmetto bug in site--what a shame someone had to write that unjustified review) The kitchen was really beautiful, and it was fun to work in. There is everything you need to make even more complicated meals than I did.

We rented bicycles, and I enjoyed riding in the bike lane from the cottage out to Siesta Key. It is a great location for riding! The Blue Dolphin Cafe is right across the street, and it is a great place for breakfast. Harry's Continental Kitchen is also close by, and we enjoyed getting food there to take to the beach.

The management is very helpful and answered all of our questions. They even serve complimentary coffee and donuts on Monday mornings, but we were out riding.

I really hope to return!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank skiergirlBuffalo
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We love Longboat Key and especially, Little Gull Cottages. It is a small resort, immaculate, comfortable and private. It is one of the most relaxing places we've visited. We are not looking for entertainment, activities or tourist attractions and enjoyed quiet hours by the pool reading and long walks on the sugar white beach. We stay in a unit on the bay side, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a beautiful, modern kitchen, with a huge porch for afternoon naps. They have bicycles, grills by the pool and helpful staff. I feel very safe here, perhaps because it is away from the main drag and tourist traps. St. Armands, Sarasota Airport and numerous restaurants are not far away. Longboat Key is just about the most perfect spot in FL and Little Gull is almost home. They do not permit dogs which saddens us, we'd gladly pay the deposit, but they are unbending on that rule.

Room Tip: Bay side is quiet and parking is right at the unit. Stairs to many of the units, so be sure to ask...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
#6 of 21 in Longboat Key
Turtle Crawl Inn Resort
Turtle Crawl Inn Resort
#5 of 5 in Longboat Key

Been to Little Gull Cottages? Share your experiences!