“Nice lunch, o.k. breakfast”
Review of Blue Dolphin Cafe

Blue Dolphin Cafe
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had breakfast there. My husband had bacon, eggs and pancakes. The bacon didn't taste like bacon so he didn't eat it. The eggs were fine but the pancakes were just o.k. His coffee mug had a large chip in it, so we asked for a replacement which was cheerfully supplied. I had eggs, grits, and an English muffin which were fine.

Had lunch there the following day and we both ordered the Chef's Salad. It was very large and filled with freshly cut pieces of cheese and various cold cuts, a hard-boiled egg, cukes and dressing on the side. It was delicious and we even brought some home. The service was good.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

While the service was good the good was OK. All of your basic breakfast items you can make at home are here but without any special touches or interesting flavors. Overpriced for the underwhelming food. Not any other breakfast options on Longboat that we knew of, but I think next time we will head to Anna Maria for better options. Worth the drive in my opinion, as this place disappoints.

2  Thank Sara F
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great food! Fast service and friendly staff makes this a must stop if you are in the area, a large variety to,choose from as well

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We ate breakfast at the Blue Dolphin Cafe that was on Longboat Key -- the one in the strip plaza further out on the key, not the one on St. Armand's Circle. The TripAdvisor reviews and ratings were good, so we gave it a try. It unfortunately did not live up to our expectations -- and I don't know if this location was different than the one at St. Armand's Circle, but that is possible. Our home fries were overcooked, the bacon was cold -- it was obvious it had been sitting for awhile before being served to us. The food was ordinary and average, I've honestly had better breakfasts at home. I had over-easy eggs on wheat toast. They were OK, but there was no butter put on the toast. She had a breakfast hash that wasn't warm, and didn't have much flavor. As I said, the hoe fries and bacon were a big turn-off. The service was acceptable, but the food was kinda bland and not worth the good reviews we had read. We felt disappointed and left wondering why our experience was so different from others. It was average, certainly not worth going out of your way to visit.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I liked my food at the Blue Dolphin. My only complaint was the bacon. It seemed to be fake tasting. They do serve VERY large portions. So, go hungry. We asked for a booster seat. It was very dirty. It looked like it had not been cleaned in a while. The floor was sticky and the booth seats were dirty. It took too long to get checked out. They needed more help. No sure if I will go back. But, there really aren't many choices on Longboat Key for breakfast. On a positive note, there State of Florida kitchen reviews are good.