“Best Breakfast in Years!”
Review of Blue Dolphin Cafe

Blue Dolphin Cafe
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had to wait in line for a short time even at an off hour, but it was worth it., The eggs were so delicious and fresh I expected to hear a chicken clucking near by. Every thing we tried was good; portions ample and service friendly and efficient. Can'twait to go back.

There are newer reviews for Blue Dolphin Cafe

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This cafe has great choices for each meal within walking distance of many hotel and beach condos. It has consistently good food and service in a 'comfy' atmosphere!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We came here twice for breakfast on our vacation at Longboat Key resort. The place opens till 2-3 pm so if you hungry past that time, too bad. It's a nice breakfast place. Good coffee, the eggs I ordered came out perfect and potato was cooked to perfection. First day I ordered eggs with grits. Second day eggs and fruits. I got the recipe yay! The staff was friendly and seemed happy to do the job. We got to talk to the workers who served us (we're a friendly couple so we always talk to our waiters/waitresses) and they seemed good at chatting and serving. Stop by this cute little breakfast place. You'll enjoy it!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The first time we went here, about 2 years ago, I couldn't wait to go back! Went there today and now I can't figure out what was so amazing the first time. It's casual. It's cute. It's clean. I hada my heart set on yogurt/granola/fruit but I felt $8.19 for that is a ridiculous price. Service wasn't great today and we had 4 different servers trying to fill in. My toast was missing and when our check was laid down our check was the FIRST opportunity to let them know. So I had finished my eggs and grits by then. She asked, "Do you want it to go?" Who takes a piece of toast to go?? First visit here was great. This one was quite average. Next time we're on Longboat we're going to try someplace new.

1  Thank 2020travelbug
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great Food, Great Food, Great Food.
Good Service. Not a white table cloth establishment. Just a good casual meal after a great day at the beach.

Been to Blue Dolphin Cafe? Share your experiences!