“Easy walk”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Good food for breakfast. Friendly staff. Didn't eat other meals there. Prices wee reasonable. Clean. Portions were ample.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

After having breakfast in our Longboat Key room for six days, my wife and decided to venture out for breakfast on Saturday morning. At the Blue Dolphin Cafe, we found the best place. There was a wait for a table so we opted to sit at the counter. No problem as we could order off the main menu. Our server told us that their special on the weekend was the seafood omelette--had crab, shrimp, spinach and cheddar cheese. Go no further I said except no spinach in mine and could I please have swiss cheese instead of the cheddar. No problem, I was told. My wife ordered the swiss cheese omelette. We asked for the two-egg rather than the normal three egg. The omelette was way too much as we couldn't finish it. The omelettes were outstanding. With the omelette we got home fries, excellent fruit and a fabulous biscuits...A perfect place for breakfast!!!!! We might not be able to wait until next Saturday to return.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We visit here regularly on our vacations in Longboat Key and a visit to the Blue Dolphin is a must on every visit, often we visit the one on Longboat Key and the one in St Armands Circle more than once on every visit. It's the perfect place for a lazy breakfast, the service and the quality of the food are always excellent. My husband says the corn beef hash is very good indeed, for me it's eggs benedict which is lovely and the orange juice is great. You may have to queue for longer at the St Armands Circle restaurant as it is smaller and has less tables but what I like best about both places is the consistency, the food is cooked to order, fresh and delivered quickly.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is an excellent place for breakfast/brunch fare. Get there before 11am and a table will be yours - otherwise you'll be in a long line as this place is popular with families and adults alike. The menu is big - from all the usual egg combos to healthier fruits with yoghurt (nicely presented) to pancakes etc.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a diner. I don't like diners. My in-laws are always trying to get me to like diners.

I find them boring. I'd rather have a sandwich at home. I ordered one of the few thing I saw on the menu that is less likely to be made at home - a reuben sandwich. It was fine. Nothing special.

My wife ordered a salad. Ho-hum...

One thing I will say that was different than this place as opposed to other diners (in a bad way) was the portion size. My sandwich came with about 10 french fries. Seriously. My wife's salad was tiny too. Would a handful more of fries and a few more leafs of lettuce break the profit margin??

The price was another thing that separates this place from other diners. I understand it's Longboat Key and all but I still would like feel like I'm getting some value for my money.

If you have a choice between going here or staying at home and eating leftovers, take the latter.