“Wait staff amazing! Good food, fair price.”

Lazy Lobster of Longboat
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Description: OUR MISSION Our mission is to be the neighborhood choice for our guests and their families; proudly providing a casual atmosphere that consistently exceeds your expectations. Great food, high energy and honest friendly people are the keys to our success. We’re a fun place to go where you can get anything you want and it will ALWAYS BE GREAT!
Sarasota
“Wait staff amazing! Good food, fair price.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Went in during "Early Bird" for dinner (4 to 5:30 pm). Just us two adults. Greeted excitedly by hostess and was sat at a nice table quickly. Mixture of patrons including multiple generation families, couples and nuclear families. Water and bread for table brought almost immediately. Drink orders and appetizers were being enjoyed by us within 10 min of sitting down!! Staff very attentive and polite! Good food that is very well priced during Early Bird! This was a nicely paced meal. Not to drawn out and not rushed out the door. Visited at end of meal by restaurant owner, a very nice touch!! Will repeate here. A Longboat Key Gem!

Illinois
“Tasty and fast!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on our last night in Longboat Key. We were seated promptly thanks to their call ahead seating service and the entrees were served very quickly.The food was excellent. My husband and I chose from their July specials menu and were both impressed with our meals. As they were lobster dishes, the portions may have looked small to the eye, but the richness and flavors proved to be plentiful. I had the lobster au gratin which was surprisingly loaded with lobster (my experience with these dishes is they are often more fluff than seafood). Our two year old enjoyed her spaghetti and the bread. Server did ask if he wanted hers to come before ours, not our preference but a nice thought. Fish tank was also a nice focal point for her little eyes.
Although food was quick and accurate, service could have been better. We had to ask for refills, my glass of wine was seemingly forgotten until we asked again, as were the lemons my fancy toddler likes in her water. Server mentioned he was working with a partner, we never saw this "partner" which we found odd. Tables near us seemed to have a spectacularly engaged and attentive waiter, ours seemed flustered and forgetful. My husband and I almost overlooked this place due to its name which we thought suggested something chain like and not original. Don't overlook this restaurant, it was a good experience and we will return.

Toronto
“Good Food Good Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Its been a year since my wife and I ate here. Again the service was very good. The food: yum. My wife ordered the Bermuda Spiced Salmon which she loved. I had their shrimp scampi which was very good. I really appreciate how friendly all of their staff are and the best part about is that it is genuine. We will be back soon.

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Food was great prices great, and Rebecca our server was outstanding!!Was a bit hesitant to try because we heard it was in a shopping center. Once there we saw the people going in and out and realized it was a local spot with great customers and once inside we were sold. Great garden view great specials great service . Thanks Rebecca see you soon!!!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We travelled to Longboat Key as a trip from our place in St. Pete Beach. I asked Siri to find me a restaurant nearby and they guided me to the lazy lobster. I looked up on trip advisor and was amazed at the excellent reviews! We were there on a busy Saturday but they were quick to accommodate us in an annex room that they had. Our beautiful lobster dinners arrived very quickly. I lived in Boston for five years and I can tell you this some of the best lobster I have ever had! Also our dinner for four was less expensive than a simple lunch we had up in John's Pass the day before! It is elegant , excellent and tucked away! This is truly a hidden gem !