“NYE first timers”

Lazy Lobster of Longboat
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: OUR MISSION Our mission is to be the neighborhood choice for our guests and their families; proudly providing a casual atmosphere that consistently exceeds your expectations. Great food, high energy and honest friendly people are the keys to our success. We’re a fun place to go where you can get anything you want and it will ALWAYS BE GREAT!
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went to LB for NYE this year, first time there after hearing great things about it. We were not disappointed, had reservations around 8 and were in at 8:10 very latest which is not bad for NYE. It was packed but we had a very nicely located table for 2 (we are younger 20's couple) and had a very respecting waitress. The food was incredible I have to say. I had scallops while my girlfriend had a vegetarian ravioli. Both of us enjoyed the night and we will defiantly be back. Must do place if you are in town!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stop in at the Lazy Lobster several times over the course of our months in Florida. Always reliable - whether there for the Early Bird Specials (4:00-5:30 PM) or later dining. LL offers lunch in-season, but I've not been there for lunch - yet. The early bird menu always has about ten delicious meals from which to choose. I had their Shrimp Meatloaf (with rice and green beans included). My wife had Coconut-Crusted Flounder (same sides). The two other couples chose other dinners from the same menu - winners all.

Two complete dinners, a total of three glasses of house chardonnay (two for me :)), fresh warm rolls - $33.50, tax included. Can't beat it. We actually ate here just a week prior, a 7pm relaxed time. The check total was just a tad higher, four couples trying various regular menu dishes, and everyone was well-pleased with the food and service.

1  Thank FLandOhDannyBoy
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I had a tasty lunch here recently with a girlfriend - the lobster bisque was good (not fabulous) and the fish sandwich was large enough to share! The ambiance is non existent and the clientele (at lunchtime) were fairly elderly. This is definitely not a hot spot for a romantic date but it's a useful lunch spot.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I wanted to try Lazy Lobster for dinner on our only night in Longboat Key but were not able to get a reservation. We opted for lunch before we left for the airport. It was a beautiful day to eat outdoors. I was the most beautiful outdoor eating area I have ever dined. I only wish we were able to eat there at night. It was so peaceful. Our server was great and we never felt rushed or over-attended. We had plenty of time to enjoy our lobster bisque (amazing) but after I saw the lobster roll I wish it would have come sooner! I chose the warm lobster roll and my husband opted for the cold one. Both were jam packed full of lobster meat (which was perfectly cooked)! I preferred the cold sandwich but both were great. It would have been even better with a little more seasoning. The sandwich was pricy ($19.99) but it was a great value for the quantity of lobster we received. I paid nearly the same amount for a lobster roll at a mall in Las Vegas.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We arrived on time for our 7:15 reservation and after a 25 minute wait the manager offered us a complimentary drink and once we were seated about 5 minutes later the service was outstanding with water, delicious bread and spread appearing immediately. Our server was helpful in explaining the specials and everyone in our party enjoyed their selections. We look forward to going back.