“Not Impressed”

Lazy Lobster of Longboat
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings
Description: OUR MISSION Our mission is to be the neighborhood choice for our guests and their families; proudly providing a casual atmosphere that consistently exceeds your expectations. Great food, high energy and honest friendly people are the keys to our success. We’re a fun place to go where you can get anything you want and it will ALWAYS BE GREAT!
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We ate here our first night on Longboat Key, because it was convenient. The service was good. The food was ok. I ordered the trio of shrimp for my entree. In two out of three of the preparations, the shrimp had a heavy taste of iodine. The third preparation, which was only a single shrimp, was prepared en croute and that tasted fine.

We didn't go back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on it's #2 rating in trip advisor. Whether it was an off night, or off season, we found the food quite ordinary- some of it tasted as if it was microwaved. Good atmosphere, friendly staff, good location if you're staying on Longboat Key.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited the Lazy Lobster while on vacation on LBK after reading the reviews and seeing the high rating on tripadvisor. We went a bit after 4 for the early dining menu and it is a great bargain. Between my wife and I we sampled the lobster bisque, shrimp scampi, coconut shrimp, crap cake, and stuffed flounder. All were excellent and at a price less then we would spend at Red Lobster back home in Illinois. House wines during happy hour were an amazing $3.50 per glass. After perusing the regular dinner menu I can't wait to get back here and try some of the other unique items they offer. Eat here and you won't be sorry.

1  Thank SeyHey24
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I live close by but for a short staycation we spent a few days in LBK. We ate here the first night and it was so good, we came back for a second night!!!

Service: Both nights we had great service. David was our waiter the first night and the second night Mike was also phenomenal. Doug at the bar is a riot! He definitely brings a great vibe to the restaurant.

Appetizers: Night 1, we shared the Big Bang Shrimp. Awesome! We really could've eaten it as an entree also. It definitely had us wanting more. Night 2, I decided to go with the Lobster Bisque. It was not as good as I would've expected. Would've been nice to see a few pieces of lobster. My husband got the Big Bang Shrimp again. SO good!

Entrees: Night 1, I got the Bar Harbor combo. It was delish. My husband got the Scallops Breanne. Also very good. Night 2, I got the Lobster Mac n Cheese. It was so good. Very rich. It would've been good as a side option. My husband got the Lobster Thermador. He loved it. Ate every single bite.

Bar: Both nights we had drinks at the bar. Doug was super friendly and we could totally see that he had many loyal customers. Great personality! Doug swore he made the best Espresso Martini and I being a bartender in the past and very judgmental when it comes to martinis thought we had to skip dessert for this challenge. It was delish! I could've had 5 more!

Great restaurant for LBK! Luckily for us there's a location closer to our home.

1  Thank FLgirl3622
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is one of our regular, at least once a month, go to place. There are many entrees on the early dining menu to choose from and everyone I've tried is very good. A reservation is a must during season. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Paz401

Been to Lazy Lobster of Longboat? Share your experiences!