“At least give it a try”

Lazy Lobster of Longboat
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Description: OUR MISSION Our mission is to be the neighborhood choice for our guests and their families; proudly providing a casual atmosphere that consistently exceeds your expectations. Great food, high energy and honest friendly people are the keys to our success. We’re a fun place to go where you can get anything you want and it will ALWAYS BE GREAT!
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The outside seating is wonderful. The food is ok. We have gone a couple of times. But it's an every other year place. I am in my 40s and don't mind being the youngest person in a resturant. The people watching is fun. Now the food. It's typical Florida food po boys for lunch and lobster done many ways. My problem with all lobster places in Florida is this. They fly in Main lobster. Florida lobster in my mind is better. If you never have had Florida lobster which unless you catch it yourself it's had to find. Is sweeter than Main. The place here is good for families the portions are good and the food is good too. Nothing to rave about.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

my boyfriend and I were talking about our trip to FL today and we brought up the Lazy Lobster and our awesome bartender Michelle! We wished she was here because they just closed down our favorite restaurant. We loved that she made us feel at home and not like an out of towner. she was so easy to talk to I almost forgot to order. We loved Michelle and had a great time!!!!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Four of us ate here. First time for my husband and self. Service was reasonably fast.

We shared crab cake (2) appetizer and coconut shrimp (4) which were good, nothing special. The lobster bisque was quite wonderful. I also had the pecan crusted haddock -- excellent. My husband had the lobster tails which were average. One friend had coconut fish (can't remember the exact variety) which was delicious. The other had ribs and shrimp -- ok. True to its name, the menu did feature quite an array of lobster entrees. Prices were on the high side for comparable food/atmosphere.

There is no water view here but there is outdoor seating facing a surprisingly busy side street. The landscaping seemed to provide a nice barrier to what might otherwise be an unpleasant situation. The indoor atmosphere was not distinctive where we were seated -- neither good or bad. It's not a place I would choose above all others, but I'd go back and recommend it to friends, especially lobster bisque lovers. It appeared that many folks take advantage of their early bird specials. Now those might make me choose it above other restaurants.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nothing special. Food was OK, service was mediocre. Didn't go back even though it was within walking distance!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Food was terrific....would suggest reservations...we ate at the bar and it was great! Staff was friendly and service was prompt. Can't wait to go again!

Been to Lazy Lobster of Longboat? Share your experiences!