“Best food we ate on vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lazy Lobster of Longboat

Lazy Lobster of Longboat
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: OUR MISSION Our mission is to be the neighborhood choice for our guests and their families; proudly providing a casual atmosphere that consistently exceeds your expectations. Great food, high energy and honest friendly people are the keys to our success.  We’re a fun place to go where you can get anything you want and it will  ALWAYS BE GREAT!
Missouri City, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food we ate on vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

At the recommendation of the manager at the condos where we were staying, we tried Lazy Lobster. We made a reservation (highly recommended!) and, after a brief wait, were seated at a very nice table by a very nice hostess. Our waitress (who happened to be the mother of our hostess!) was beyond fantastic. She was friendly, knew the menu very well and was extremely attentive. While my friends ordered tasty cocktails from the bar, she was able to bring (pregnant!) me a virgin strawberry something-or-other that was absolutely delicious, so the bar gets a big thumbs-up, too. We ordered a variety of selections form the menu. I had the stuffed mushrooms, a side spinach salad and the filet mignon with lobster tail. I was very impressed with each dish and was pleased to see that my medium-rare filet was cooked to perfection. The potatoes gratin that are served with most beef dishes were also delicious. Friends ordered the Big Bang shrimp and, while I didn't personally get a taste, they both agreed that it was the best shrimp they'd eaten! I ordered a strawberry and white cake dessert (off-menu nightly special) that was delicious. Friends ordered from the dessert menu and were equally impressed with their chocolate selections. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this restaurant if I find myself in Longboat Key again!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank KelliB0214

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food in nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a great place to eat. I had grouper al forne which was on special. I was not disappointed, it was wonderful. My husband had grilled grouper which was equally as good. Tyler's ice cream for dessert it is the best ice cream and good to see the restaurant using local foods. My husband had the cheesecake which he said was superb, the only downside was that it was served with squirty cream rather than fresh cream. Can't wait to go back .

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Lazy Lobster offers delicious food in a delightful atmosphere. Priced moderately. It is conveniently located on Longboat Key and is easily accessible from St. Armands Key and from Anna Maria Island.

• Visited September 2012
Bozeman, Montana
“Hidden Gem-Fabulous Lobster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous restaurant the Broiled lobster was absolutely fabulous. The sides that came with the meal the carrots and the au gratin potatoes were equally fabulous. Service was impeccable and the prices were reasonable. We came early for the early dinner menu. Great Place

Tampa, Florida
“You can't go to The Lazy Lobster.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

....and not have the lobster! The food was delicious!! The Bar Harbor combo dish was divine. The service was impeccable- our water glasses were never empty! We will definitely be returning here!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles