“My favorite beach!!”
Review of Coquina Beach

Coquina Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This scenic beach is located next to a small park on Anna Maria Island.
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“My favorite beach!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Since I was little my family and I have been visiting Longboat Key and no vacation is complete without a visit to Coquina Beach. Everything from the soft sand, to the tree lined beach, to the crystal clear blue-green waters, make it an unbelieveable paradise. If you take a walk to the top of the bridge that connects Longboat Key to Coquina Beach, you might just see a dolphin or a manatee. I believe weekends can get a little busy there, but weekdays are great and there is nothing like starting your morning with a trip to Coquina Beach.

Visited November 2011

Middletown, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Beautiful Beach! Absolutely Gorgeous! Fresh lemonade at concession stand! White sand so white it made my eyes water! Many beautiful shells! Very clean!

Visited September 2012
Parrish, FL
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Coquina is not the closest beach to our house, but we go there anyway because it's typically less crowded than others in the area. There is generally good parking available, too. It's a bike ride or long-ish walk from the shop and eateries in town, but just pack a cooler and some snacks and you're golden. The beach is broke up somewhat by old concrete structures, but we like it since it gives the beach character. If this bothers you, try Holmes Beach to the north.

Visited September 2012
Berea, Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A little slice of paradise”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This public beach is a little slice of paradise. My family and I visited in June 2012, right after Tropical Storm Debbie blew through. The water was a little rough, and there were lifeguards on duty that kept everyone away from the riptides. The lifeguards were super friendly, willing to explain to all guests why certain areas were not safe to swim in.
There was no litter on the beach, not even from the storm. However, this beach is a shell hunters dream. We got there mid-day and there were shells galore. I even had a sand dollar wash up next to me!
There is a snack bar, but it was closed the day we went. They also have a small playground area, picnic areas and restrooms. All were well kept and clean.
This is definately my family's favorite Florida beach.

Visited June 2012
Bradenton, Florida
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Nice Beach”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a great beach to stop of for some sand and sun. There are bathrooms located throughout the park and lifeguards are stationed to watch out for troubled swimmers. Can get busy on holidays. Great for shells early in the AM.