“Beware of Fiesta Key”

Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have been staying at Fiesta Key for over 20 years and have watched a first rate RV resort sink into a decline that makes me sad. We stayed there on 3 occasions. I agree with all of the other reviews do not go there on a weekend unless you want your ears blasted by loud music and total disregard for any rules they supposedly have in place. After a weekend I find it strange noone picks up the garbage left.The docks have garbage blowing into the water, The pool is so cloudy and dirty I am suprised the heath department does not shut it down. You have no management what so ever or if you do they are inneffective. Dont anyone go on a weekend.Even during the week the camp ground is left in shambles. I realize they are trying to improve the grounds but are the improvements for everyone or just the Cubans.They charge way too much for the night when you CANNOT use any ammenities. We spent over 500 and feel as though they robbed me. I will never go back

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank carol m
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear carol m.,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review after your recent stay at Fiesta Key. Our guests are a very important part of our community, so your feedback is essential to help us achieve your greatest satisfaction.

I have shared your concerns with the Fiesta Key staff, grounds, pool facilities and other guests with the appropriate management. They are currently working to make sure that all of our guests are treated with professional courtesy and helpful concern.

Fiesta Key is undergoing may renovations to ensure that our facilities and amenities match the striking landscapes at our resort.

I am glad you recognize the beautiful scenery and views at Fiesta Key and hope you will reconsider and decide to visit us again to experience some of these restorations for yourself! Thank you again, for sharing your concerns and hopefully on your next stay with us, you will have a rewarding and enjoyable visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We rented a trailer for 6 days... I would have checked out that day if there was other vacancies in the Key's as we are from Michigan... the trailer was ok, but 8 feet in between trailers (actually measured) was ridiculous. There was pieces missing from the camper, that we noticed right off and told management. The campgrounds were filthy, and smelled terrible. The Marina's and lagoons all had 50% garbage and fish parts floating in them, the sites also had garbage and in the roads... THERE IS NO BEACH!! There is sand that goes up to a big rocky seawall, that has an old rusty ladder going down into the garbage and jellyfish filled water!! None of my family would go into the water (as none of our neighbors did either)..There were no signs posted for all of the jellyfish that were everywhere in the water! There were numerous tents on each site, 10-20 people per site during the days and night partying and drinking and yelling with loud Mexican music ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT!! There were children roaming around and loose dogs!! There WAS a police car parked at the front of the park, but it was unoccupied. We watched the officer drop off his car and ride with another, to give the appearance that there was police in the area... DUH!! People didn't buy it!! The older lady that ran the run down store told me and my family that her and her husband were overwhelmed, but this is how it usually is... Nice!! The scattered buildings had there roofs sagging inward and is not like any of the pictures on the website, talk about retouching pictures!! The laundry mat is run down, there are NO activities, as described!! This could be a nice place due to location, but management would need to be eliminated and completely start over!! Sunset key is just the same (same company). We were gone most of the time, and could not wait to check out!! My husband and I are professionals that are not cheap or tight on money, we were just trying something different for my twin 16 y/o boys... Extremely bad mistake on our part!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Kim D

Dear Kim D.,

I am sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory stay. Please know that I have shared your concerns regarding the campsites, marina, laundry facilities, and unruly guests with the appropriate management.

The resort is undergoing an extensive renovation project and our staff is also going through comprehensive customer service training.

It is our goal to provide our guests with top-notch customer service in a beautiful, well-kept environment to ensure a fun, relaxing stay. Again, I apologize for your poor experience and hope you return to see the changes that are being made at Fiesta Key.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

this is a beautiful location but the campground management does not know how to manage a campground. we were bumped from out camp site. when we checked in the Sheriffs office was there arresting a young man for stealing. there were so many Cuban's there that it felt like we were in Cuba. Not that I have anything against Cubans it's that they were loud, messy and disrespectful of each campers camp space. there was loud music going till four in the morning and no one from the management told them anything. also one camper had a pitbull walking him around like he owned the place. I will never go there again or recommend this camp ground.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Joe D

Dear Joe D.,

I want to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Fiesta Key.

It is very important that we take care of our customers and I appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback. It is our goal to provide our guests with top-notch customer service in a beautiful, well-kept environment to ensure a fun, relaxing stay.

Our staff is going through comprehensive customer service training and we are in the process of interviewing additional candidates to improve service to our guests, including additional security. Please know the resort is undergoing an extensive renovation project at this time. I will share your concerns with our management team.

I want to encourage you to visit Fiesta Key again and experience our ongoing transformations for yourself. Thank you for sharing your concerns and hopefully on your next stay with us, you will have a rewarding and enjoyable visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We spent 5 days at Fiesta Key RV Resort for Mothers Day (husband,myself and two kids) we arrived on Sat and left on Wednesday. I would love to give the resort 5 stars, well I would give the resort 5 starts Mon thru Fri. Do not go there on Friday night Sat or Sat Night. The "cuban flare" is filled to the max in the place, they take over adn trashed the entire place pool,hot tub,bathrooms, fishing areas. They are loud and obnoxious and trash this beautiful place (even the kids) If you like that then I would suggest this place during the weekend. Still a sad shame that this is such a beautiful and serene resort and they have no respect for it.

Good Stuff:
The rooms are beautiful and clean, cable TV, Comfy beds, nice water and shower. Clean!!
Pool and hot tubs and bathrooms were beautiful after the "locals" left and the staff cleaned it...
Property was so nice and clean
Fishing was great, son caught a lot of neat stuff
Snorkling was good
Tiki Hut and beach are is beautiful
It was just a nice and relaxing resort.
Beaches are near by
General Store had pretty much what we needed
grocery store is 22 miles from resort ~not to bad
The staff we met were all very nice and considerate.
I would go back but only Mon-Friday.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Lauralea318
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Lauralea318,

I want to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Fiesta Key.

It is very important that we take care of our customers. I appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback. It is our goal to provide our guests with top-notch customer service in a beautiful, well-kept environment to ensure a fun, relaxing stay.

I am sorry your weekend did not go as well as during the week. I will share your comments with management. I am glad you plan on visiting our resort again and enjoy our scenic landscapes and variety of amenities.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This campground is in a wonderful location, our site was right on the water and we could look a the ocean from our beach chairs. However, I have to agee with reviews regarding security and weekend warriors. Not all campers know and understand camping courtesy! The weekend we stayed which was EAster weekend a large group were camping as well, they had absolutely no camp manners, and there was not enough caring staff to stifle the situation. The large group took over the entire beach area, blaring their music for up to 5 hours. I enjoy music and can enjoy different types of music however, more than a couple of hours is ridiculous to be forced to listen when all other guests simply want to listen to the ocean and watch the sun set. I would suggest that no smoking signs be placed in the bathrooms, as a non smoker the worst thing is someone in the stall next to you smoking a cigarette at 7:00 am! 1 word YUCK! I will not even get into what my husband said was going on in the mens bathroom, one word GROSS!! I loved the campground and our site, however, I would have to think twice before going back, simply because of the lack of courtesy of the others in the campground. I am glad they enjoyed themselves as they made many of us miserable!! I spoke with many other campers that weekend who felt the same way both my husband and I felt, great campground, needed improvements going on, Really crappy enforcement of camp rules and camp courtesy!! Again not sure we will ever be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank sherry w
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear sherry w,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review.

I have shared your concerns with management and they are taking steps to remedy any adverse conditions at this location. Fiesta Key is slated for major renovations for the 2014 season, so your feedback is a great tool to ensure that our ongoing improvements are achieving our goal to provide our guests with top-notch customer service in a beautiful, well-kept environment to ensure a fun, relaxing stay.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed last week of Jan 2014 thru 1st week of Feb 2014. We camped in a pop up. We used to visit yearly when the resort was a KOA. We had heard Encore had purchased and was going to improve. (A previous stay at Encore's Pine Island resort was great). Improvements were definitely going on at Fiesta Key. One problem we noted was with the staff. Although all were friendly and personable, the ones who were employed when it was under Morgan's management had really negative attitudes. They had a million reasons for why they couldn't do anything we asked (like temporary repairs to the broken bathrooms while they were awaiting parts or remodeling) and thought every upgrade on the fix it list would take years. The Encore era manager was not like this, he had a positive attitude and believed most upgrades would happen reasonably soon. They need to either send all the pre-Encore employees down the road or get them some intense counseling. When it was KOA the employees were really upbeat "work-campers". We are excited to get back in 2015 to see how far they've come.
Final note: we had no picnic table at the site when we arrived. We asked to have one and they brought us a rotten, filthy old wreck. We went to the local Home Depot and got some neon lime green paint and "fixed it up" ourselves. Let us know if our picnic table is still there ;-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank debra l

Dear debra 1,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us at Fiesta Key. We appreciate your business.

I will share your pleasant experience and kind words with the Fiesta Key staff.

I am glad you plan on visiting Fiesta Key again, so you can continue to benefit from our ongoing improvements and encounter our scenic landscapes and beautiful sunsets at your leisure.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Beautiful location even though nearest grocery is 30 minutes away. Quiet during the week, but the weekend warriors are very loud and very inconsiderate! Pool water was cloudy and bird droppings everywhere. Shame, has great potential if run correctly and rules enforced.

• Stayed: April 2014
8  Thank EFH2014

Dear EFH 2014,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. Fiesta Key is slated for major renovations for this 2014 season, so your feedback is a great tool to ensure that our ongoing improvements are achieving our goal of supreme customer satisfaction.

I have shared your concerns with the pool facilities and the “weekend warriors” with the appropriate management. They are currently working to make sure that our guests are treated with professional courtesy and helpful concern.

I am glad you recognize the beautiful scenery and views at Fiesta Key and hope you will decide to visit us again. Thank you for your past patronage.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Key
#1 of 1 in Long Key
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key

Been to Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!