“My second camping experience”

Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina
Miami, Florida
“My second camping experience”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I camped out on way to key west. Campground clean with exception of ladies rooms which were ugh. Ground actually pretty clean. Would do again. All amenities. Make sure you have air mattress. Sand floor very hard. Lol

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Marlene G,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. It is rewarding to know that our recent renovations at Fiesta Key are being recognized and enjoyed by our guests. You are a very important part of our community, so your feedback is essential to help us achieve your greatest satisfaction.

I have shared your concerns with the restroom facilities with our management so they can advise the housekeeping staff.

I hope you plan a visit to Fiesta Key again soon. The scenic landscapes and majestic sunrises and sunsets remain a beautiful experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have camped here many years ago when it was a KOA franchise. In fairness, we realize the campground went from KOA, to Morgans RV, before Encore took ownership. There have been marked upgrades to sites, but vital areas are on the "fix it list" for the future. All of the bathhouses are in terrible condition. Considering this campground appeals to all campers (including tents and smaller campers), bath facilities are important and should have been among the first renovations. In the ideal world, they would just close the resort for a few months, completely renovate and open. However, there are operating expenses to cover and so it is understandable that things would be done little by little. Another neglected area is the "water/electric" only sites-30 amp. The 50 amp locations for the big rigs are new, but the infrastructure of the 30 amp sites is ancient. The compressor in our A/C was blown and according to our dealer, it was most likely caused by unstable power coming into the 30 amp sites. Big rigs and 50 amp sites are the wave of the future of the RV park business, so they are the true money makers. However, if you are still marketing your park to "all" and are not trying to become a luxury motorcoach only resort, you have to truly accomodate every camping style. Clean bathrooms and stable power among the most important features to any camper. The potential for this to be a Key's paradise is there, but it may still be many years off. All of the Florida Keys State Parks are in far better condition. Considering most of the cleaning and repairs at State Parks are done mostly by volunteers and their costs are 1/3 what Fiesta Key charges, it makes it really tough to consider Fiesta Key again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SamanthaDAngelo
Dear SamMikeD,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. Fiesta Key is slated for many major renovations for the 2014 season, so your feedback is a great tool to ensure that our ongoing improvements are achieving our goal of supreme customer satisfaction.

I’m sorry your recent experience with the bathroom facilities and electrical power at the 30 amp sites inconvenienced you during your recent stay. I have shared your concerns with management.

I want to encourage you to visit Fiesta Key again and experience our ongoing transformations for yourself. Thank you for sharing your concerns and hopefully on your next stay with us, you will have a rewarding and enjoyable visit.

Travelers are raving about these Long Key hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Fiesta Key Resort continues to improve every year that I have visited and the current new management is fantastic. I had the privilege of staying in one of the new colleges on the East side of the resort overlooking the ocean. These are very comfortable, clean, and well stocked cottages. After getting home from a day of scuba diving and hiking in Key Largo, this cottage was a great place to come "home" to. Warm showers, cold air conditioning, comfortable couches and beds, and a beautiful view off the porch were all things I looked forward to. I ate at the restaurant a couple nights and didn't have nearly the service I would liked and was sadly surprised to find out that the bar closed at 9:00 pm on St. Patrick's day. Although the live music was still playing, I couldn't buy a beer or conch fritters which I thought seemed odd. Overall Fiesta Key Resort continues to improve and I really enjoyed my stay and would suggest it to friends and family.

Room Tip: The new cottages on the east shore cost a little more but the sunrise is beautiful everyday and real...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear GreatPlainsDiver,

I will share your pleasant experience and kind words with the Fiesta Key staff.

I have shared your concerns with the Lobster Crawl Restaurant with management.

I am glad you plan on visiting Fiesta Key again, so you can continue to benefit from our ongoing improvements and encounter our scenic landscapes and beautiful sunsets at your leisure while you enjoy scuba diving and hiking nearby.
Rockwell
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have stayed at this campground in the motel units for the last 3 years~this year we have seen great improvements in the motel rooms and the tent sites. Some of the rooms have improved beds and fresh paint jobs-still need some work but the value is good.
New picnic tables most all sites. 2 laundromats, several shower facilities, frequent campground activities.
Nice restaurant/bar on site and beautiful scenery!
We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the motel rooms that have been 'upgraded'.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carrie B,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. It is rewarding to know that you are pleased with our current property restorations.

Fiesta Key is slated for more major renovations for the 2014 season, so your feedback is a great tool to ensure that our ongoing improvements are achieving our goal of supreme customer satisfaction.

I am glad you plan to visit Fiesta Key again so you can view more of these transformations for yourself. The scenic landscapes at Fiesta Key remain a beautiful experience.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We planned a trip for my Hubby's Mom to the Keys, a first time visit for the Florida Native. We wanted a location that was charming, friendly and epitomized life on an island. This location fit the bill. Our cottage, cozy and clean, was located on the Eastern side and she was able to watch the sunrise from her bed! We took her by the restaurant with its Tiki flair, the enormous pool up in the air and past the fishing dock to see the beautiful sunset. Every one we met was smiling and offering kind words and well wishes on our adventures. The staff is super sweet and go above and beyond the call of duty (they are mailing a forgotten item to me!) We were not even five miles North on our departure day when the Hubby said, "The next visit down here, we will stay there", which is a great compliment from a discerning fellow.
They are working hard to improve upon the site and it shows! So, gone are the poor reviews and onto new and better ones for this treasure in paradise. Just save us a time slot!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Elaine B,

I will share your pleasant experience and kind words with the Fiesta Key staff.

I am glad you plan on visiting Fiesta Key again, so you can continue to benefit from our ongoing improvements and encounter our scenic landscapes and beautiful sunsets at your leisure.
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked last year through Morgan. This year Encore purchased this property and thank goodness they did honor our reservation. The existing staff at this time is limited and though a couple of them stood out as very friendly, most were not and not fully trained at the front desk. We have heard from many other travelers to this resort that they would never come again, due to other unruly, loud, partying campers. I think there tends to be campers who brake the rules because there is a lack of, and or, lack of enforcement of rules that may be in place. This is a beautiful property with much potential if certain criteria were met. 1. Top notch management, 2. Staff that are properly trained with a plus on customer service, 3. Sufficient staff to run a very large facility such as this one, 4. The ability to embrace what campers want in a resort and implement those changes to the fullest!
We saw guest come in who didn't even have a tent! They were either sleepin in an suv, or car with a couple tarps hung up. I don't think this is makes a very good impression for potential new business or returning business when you see this. It looks cheap and says we don't care who camps here. Also enforce the fishing regulations. As far as licensing and size regulations in paticular, for the lobster that can be taken. I also saw a couple people walking on the beach areas with spear guns, (rules say, not allowed). No night security, not enough picnic tables, RV sites that are old, cramped and utilitiy connections that are totally out of place for easy hook ups.
We won't be back here next year, but, we will come and see what progress if any comes about. Maybe future booking if Encore can truly implement what they said they are looking to do. I hope so, because, like I said it is a truly beautiful place in the keys with loads of potential to be a top notch resort if run correctly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Terry W
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Terry W,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review after your recent stay at
Fiesta Key. Our guests are a very important part of our community, so your feedback is essential to help us achieve your greatest satisfaction.

I have shared your concerns with the Fiesta Key staff with the appropriate management. They are currently working to make sure that our guests are treated with professional courtesy and helpful concern.

Fiesta Key is undergoing may renovations to ensure that our facilities and amenities match the striking landscapes at our resort.

I am glad you recognize the beautiful scenery and views at Fiesta Key and hope you will reconsider and decide to visit us again to experience some of these restorations for yourself! Thank you again, for sharing your concerns and hopefully on your next stay with us, you will have a rewarding and enjoyable visit.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Before I went, I researched. And the reviews where terrible. Until the last few weeks. At which time I read about new owners taking over and putting a lot of money into the place. It pains me to say it, because I love having secret escapes that aren't popular and always full, but Fiesta Key no longer deserves a poor rating. In fact, it was a great place for the family. Stayed in 2-bedroom trailer, which was brand new. The amount of areas for looking over the water was superb, including one of the best places I've seen for watching the sunset by a tiki hut. The restaurant was not 4 stars by any means, but was Keys quirky and surpassed what I expected, plus had really nice people working. The pools were perfect for my son. And I paddle boarded some of the best waters I've been on in the keys, just 20+ feet off the resort. Saw green sea turtles, lots of sharks, rays, etc. I loved it, and would bring my family again. You can tell they are working hard to make it better, and there are a lot of other new things planned there. I also toured the brand new cottages, will stay there next time- roomier and with direct water views.

Room Tip: If you're staying more than 1 night, go grocery shopping before you get there.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank cordesca
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear cordesca,

I want to encourage you to visit Fiesta Key again in the near future and view more of these transformations for yourself. The scenic landscapes at Fiesta Key remain a beautiful experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Key
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Edgewater Lodge
Edgewater Lodge
#1 of 1 in Long Key

Been to Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!