“Fiesta Key ruined!!”

Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband's family has been going to Fiesta Key for over 40 years for winter vacation. They keep a boat at the neighboring marina and fish during Dec and Jan. I personally have been vacationing there for 5 years. This year I am NOT going back. My sister in law will never go back. What once was a "hopping" go-to resort is now run down and full of ignorant workers and criminals. The rooms are so gross!!!! We even rented one of the new cottages at the top of the island. It was completely filthy and full of fleas!! The floors were warped, rusty vents, and the A/C return cover fell off the wall one night and the filter was totally disgusting. The previous year the motel room we stayed in had rotting walls, ants everywhere, and the beds are unbearable. We have a friend in Layton that gave us a spare matress to use, it was that bad! The pool and hot tub are never working, not that I would trust using them anyway. Prices keep going up and everything with this Morgan outfit is a scam. This may be my father-in law's last year there and he is the last one left of the old time regulars. I am so sad we lost this family tradition.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here - go to Caloosa Cove or some place else. Anything is better than Fiesta...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank nettekem

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love water sports, and this is the perfect location for it.a very secure Marina security 24x7 ...plenty activites to do. Pool, Fishing,Bar with wonderful Pizza.It does get pretty noisy on the weekends though with loud music and drinking.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rickrosello
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Ok so I travel and review a lot of places. So i am reviewing this stay strictly as a tent camping stay. I had some free time so decided to do some camping and fishing in the keys and ran across this place. The state parks charge 45.00 a night and this place charged 35.00. The cheapest by far and I looked everywhere.

The facility is a little dated but as I noticed about the keys is nearly every place is. The restrooms and shower facility were very clean and well maintained. Offers a boat launch and docks for those who wish to do so and is probably one of the best places to watch the sunset on fiesta key. The property offers a pool, hot tubs and a bar with sports television and an excellent bar menu style food. Ask for the chicken quesidilla or a hand pattied burger. The staff were all very friendly and very accomodating. I had a large party camping across from me that were a bit noisy so I asked to move to a more primitive site and did so without any issues.

So I am not sure why the other reviews are so negative as I had a completely different experience and look forward to returning again soon. If your looking for a 5 star resort go to one cause this it is not. I feel like I made some good connections here and am excited to get back and say hello.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank firedawg007
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I Have booked two times with this run down RV park and the two times they have taken my money. The first time it was a holiday weekend and they over charged me, my RV broke down I couldn't go so because it was a holiday weekend they did not refund me. They second time their was a storm and they closed the park down, they again did not refund and told me I could change the date for the next weekend but the next week was a long weekend and made me pay twice what I had originally paid mind you this was not my fault and not the week I had planned to go. When I spoke to the supervisor at the corporate office she basically said to sue them because she was not going to refund or credit me for the long weekend. So there are better places in the keys to go to and pay the same price. This place is rundown the supposibly ameneties are really bad. They have really bad policies.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank michael s
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed in an rv on one of the water view sites. Views are amazing. Awesome sunsets. It does get pretty noisy on the weekends though with loud music and drinking. A little quieter on the side of the campground towards Key West. Great if you have a boat to go fishing as they have a marina to dock it at and you can dock it outside some of the campsites. Met some neighbors and went on their boat and couldn't believe how much fish they caught. Saw the review about employee 'radar' . Met him and he is a nice guy. He just wants to make friends with people staying at the campground. My 15 year old also really liked the campground. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gia H
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The property is pretty nice, particularly if you're bringing a boat. If you are staying in a tent or camper, I'm sure it's a cool place. That's the reason I gave it 1 star instead of ZERO stars. (Well, actually you cannot give zero stars, so that's the reason why I gave 1 star.)

The motel units should be condemned. When I go to the keys, I do not expect high end accommodations unless I book a Cheeca or Hawks Cay type place. But what Fiesta Key is trying to pass off as acceptable accommodations is appalling. I paid $99 plus tax, and that was about $98 too much. Upon driving up to the motel units, you see stucco falling off the building, and a door frame that looks like it had been kicked in and repaired. The top deadbolt had been disabled, and the outside porch lamp did not work. Inside the room, there was paint peeling everywhere, headboards pulling away from the wall, lamps that were unplugged (with bulbs that did not work even after I plugged them in). The towel rack was torn out of the wall, there were rust stains around the door hinges, the sink had stress cracks and no stopper, and the shower would not shut off. And we are not talking about a small drip. Calling the shower water flow a "small drip" would be like saying the BP Horizon well developed a slight leak. If we did not turn the shower head to cold when it was turned off, it would use up the hot water. The blinds were broken and missing slats, and the wall mounted A/C sounded like I had a room next to the airport.

I have never written a tripadvisor review before, but please listen when I say that the motel units are complete pieces of crap. Look elsewhere, and if nothing else is available, sleep in your car or on a beach under a palm tree.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere or bring a tent!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank G30W
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Well I just read some reviews of Fiesta Key, anyway me and my wife were here and got full hookup spot rite on th water. We will go back every year in Jan, we had an awesome time. We fished from their docks, didnt catch much but had fun doing that. Also we liked the area because it was in yhe middle of everything, Key West to Key Largo just drive away. Like I said me and my wife loved it, im sighning us up to go every year, my recomendation Two thumbs up. If you wana, we have videos up from this location on Youtube @ tuputocrazy smith or f/b (same) tuputocrazy smith.....Weather was great not humid and not alot of visitors. (off season). just great!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
9 mi away
Village at Hawks Cay Villas by Keys Caribbean
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
BayView Inn Motel and Marina

Been to Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!