“Great Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Live Oak
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My mother and I started an 11 day road trip toward Biloxi and just needed to stop midway for a hotel. We booked at this hotel. The front staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. The security guard was quick to help us get our bags to our room on the second floor. The room was nice and clean. The free breakfast was modest but very good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Emily B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2011

When we looked at the reviews it looked like this place was better than the average Econo Lodge so we decided to give them a call. The girl on the front desk answered the phone and immediately asked if she could call me back because she had a 'customer'... She called back in about 30 minutes and I asked her about the rooms and rates. At first she said she had a king - non-smoking but then, after talking to someone (I presume it was the manager), she said there were none available and we settled on two double beds. When she asked for my address and contact info I asked if I could just give her my Choice Privileges number but she said no - she needed everything. I had to repeat every single sentence at least twice because she couldn't understand me... may have been a bad cell connection because we were on the road traveling at the time she called back. She asked for a credit card to guarantee the room and I started giving her the number. She started repeating the number for the first two sets of digits until someone (I presume it was the manager) told her not to repeat it - I guess there were others in the office with her... after hearing her repeat the numbers I was giving her I would not have gone to the 3rd set without telling her not to do so myself.
When we arrived we checked the room out and it looked okay so we unloaded the car and headed off to see the local state park. When we got back it was late so we took showers which caused the bathroom to flood - not because the curtain was not pulled but because there were huge holes near the faucets which water flowed into and drained right onto the floor via a crack by the tub and tile. We used our towels to sop up the water and then decided to see what was on HBO. The printed channel list showed HBO was on channel 2 but the TV would not go to channel 2 - even if you tried to select it by number... so I called the front desk and found it had been moved to channel 722! When we tried watching it the picture was constantly freezing and pixelating so we had to watch another channel. We went to bed and the bed squeaked and rocked every time one of us moved. We like to snuggle so sleeping on different beds was not an option although we came close to doing just that. At 3am the people upstairs decided to take showers - noisiest shower we've ever heard! It squealed and shrieked so loud that I don't know how anyone could have slept through that...
In the morning we turned on the TV to watch the news and I decided to make some coffee. The coffee maker was unplugged (as it usually is in most hotels) so I looked for a place to plug it in. The only problem there was the TV and Comcast box took up both outlets on the wall where the coffee makes was and I had to unplug the TV so I could make coffee!!!
Then came the BIG surprise! While we were watching TV we started noticing German Roaches on the nightstand IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! My wife HATES them and is deadly afraid of them and didn't want to take a chance on giving them a free trip back to our house so we packed up our bags and checked out. I hope we didn't get any stow-aways because those are really hard to get rid of. That will be our LAST stay at an Econo Lodge!!!

Room Tip: Don't believe everything you read in the reviews.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
15 Thank Mike G

Travelers are raving about these Live Oak hotels

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in Live Oak while attending a concert at Swanuee Music Camp. Lots of places to eat in the area, a Wal mart across the street and just a few blocks from I-10. Great place to stay if you are doing a kayak or canoe trip too. Room was neat clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly. Rate was very reasonable. Highly Recommended

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wayne G
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for the Pow Wow music festival in August and didn't want to camp due to heat and rain. There are few hotels and none that great. We went with the cheapest and can't complain. It was full but the staff were great. They left the pool open for us all night and never had any issues. The hotel is old and nothing special. For $70 a night on a festival weekend it was worth it though. Free breakfast, close to all restaurants. Walmart across the street. Music park is 3 miles away. If I go back I'll stay here again. Other hotels (still crappy) charged three times as much.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Sublimebrad
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2011

watch your credit card,motel will make charges without you knowing it .refused to refund charges that i did not make

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank oneeyejack67
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Clean, serviceable, friendly staff for a quick one-nighter. Late night breakfast at Huddle House next door. Walmart and other shopping across street for nessecities.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NouveauHillbillies
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Good, clean basic rooms and a friendly helpful staff.
Would recommend if traveling through Live Oak area, plus they are pet friendly ($10 pet fee per night).
Complimentary breakfast is basic, but included in the price, so no complaints.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Live Oak
Econo Lodge North
Econo Lodge North
#10 of 24 in Lake City

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!