“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Live Oak, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have been here for Dinner 4 times now, and have not been disappointed. The fajitas are very good and they do not skimp on the portions either. Had dollar tacos once that were excellent and very filling. The Margaritas are either 2 for 1 or a dollar each, depending on the day you go. The service has been good, and it's by far the best bang for your buck that I have ever had from a Mexican restaurant. They have nice outdoor seating and make a pretty good Margarita too. Definitely a nice place for a large group to go and have a good time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scott8385

Live Oak, Florida
“Best keep secret in Live Oak.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stopped by for dinner one night and loved it! 
This place is great for a date or family dinning
I took my father there for lunch and that was it. He does not want to go anywhere else to eat. We are there almost every day of the week for lunch trying something new each day.

The food and service is excellent!

Let me give you a hint!
(Ask about the lunch specials?)

JD

• Visited December 2013
Valdosta, Georgia
“Great value and very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was driving through Live Oak and was hungry for "real" mexican food. El Mezcal is located right in the center of downtown, and so I decided to try them for lunch. Very glad that I did! Most items are only $4.99 for lunch. I tried the Carnitas taco which was quite good. The pork was very flavorful, but there was too much cilantro on the taco for my taste. The steak fajitas were very good as well - especially considering the price. They came with refried beans,sour cream, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, and rice. It was alot of food for $4.99, and the steak/onion/pepper was delicious. I was quite full, and my desire for authentic Mexican food was definitely satiated! My wife had the taco salad, which she seemed to enjoy, but I can't speak for her.

The restaurant was quite clean with a festive, casual environment. There is also a large area for seeating in the front of the restaurant, as well. The only "bad" thing about el Mezcal is that there is very limited parking. The downtown location is nice, though.

I plan to get take out from el Mezcal whenever I am in the area. I look forward to trying everything on thier menu!

• Visited December 2013