“Excellent Local Favorite”

Brown Lantern
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Live Oak
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 20, 2014

In town on business and came on the suggestion of a local...and not a bad selection at all. Service was great and friendly, beer cold (though in a Styrofoam cup), and food was great. I had the New York Strip steak and had great flavor and seasoned properly...and cooked the way it was ordered. Loaded baked potato is not a bad option, and the Greek salad is a good compliment. Not the best Greek salad I've had but for sure better than average. I will be back if I'm ever in Live Oak again.

There are newer reviews for Brown Lantern

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We try to eat here a least once a month. It is a 20 mile drive each for us. The food and service are worth the drive. The shrimp and oysters ( when in season} are fresh and cooked perfect. the staff is always friendly an very attentive. I am sure that there are other great things on the menu and maybe one day I will try something other than the fried shrimp.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Brown Lantern keeps us coming back time after time. Two of our favorites are the Wings and the Shrimp Po' Boy. If you are looking for wings that are not the run of the mill, get them here. They are fried to perfection in a manner that I have never seen before and then smothered with your favorite temperature of sauce. The Shrimp Po' Boy is overrun with shrimp with a very tasty tartar sauce and fries. We always enjoy the food and usually make special trips to the Live Oak just to eat at the Brown Lantern.

1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food was good but over priced air condition unit drippedbon my plate andvthe cashier at the bar sure dosent mind talking about her insane busy sex life. Her remarks alone ruined our date night

2  Thank marinedadof4
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

When our kids are out of school, this is the 1st place they request for lunch out. Funny since most kids request fast food chains. It's because they know how good the food is at the Lantern. Raleigh has done such a great job with only putting the best of the best on the menu. Too many favorites to suggest just one dish so go back often & try them all.