“Excellent - food, service and price!”

Big Wood BBQ and Grill
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Live Oak
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Excellent - food, service and price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on the way through Florida on our road trip. Found it here on Trip Advisor. Absolutely amazing. Everyone in my family loved it - husband, and 2 sons. We ordered the Feast for 4, and it was so much that it came served on a metal trash can lid! Ribs, smoked sausage, smoked chicken, and sliced pork. Baked beans, DELICIOUS fries, BBQ toast and Mac n cheese (it's supposed to come with corn on the cob, but we substituted with the Mac n cheese). Price was around $50, and for all that for a family of four was not bad at all. And we had leftovers! The waitress was friendly and fast, and we had our food super quick. And we were there on a Saturday night!

Tallahassee, United States
“Great Place to Eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Didn't see a lot of choices of a good sit down Restaruant close to the Motel and we were tired and needed good food so saw this palce and dicided to give it a go! Wow, were we happy we did! Great atmosphere, Hostest and Waitress was super and the food was plenty and awesome good! Highly recommend you eat there if your in the Live Oak Fl area!

Visited July 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Customer Service From 1 Young lady”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My Wife And I Are Actually Restaurant Owners Ourselves (We Have A Restaurant In Lake City, FL). We Have Ate At Big Wood A Handful Of TimEs Now, Whenever We Are In The Area. The Food Is Great, But Its The Service From One Young Lady (Tawny) That Keeps Us Coming Back. Every Time We Come In She Remembers Us And Treats Us Like We've Been Friends For Years, She Has Such A Nice Way Of Making Us Feel Welcome. Not Only That, But We Watch Her Work So Hard And Help Her Coworks (Sometimes Doing The Job Of 3 People - And With A Smile On Her Face)! Honestly, She Is The True Definition Of "Hospitality", And I Wish I Had 10 Of Her To Work At My Restaurant!!! I Did Offer Her A Job And Just In Case Her Bosses Hear Of This, She Graciously Refused My Offer. But I Highly Recommend Big Wood Bbq, It's A True Gem In Live Oak. My Wife And I Have Never Got A Bad Meal From There (The Salad Bar Is A Little Small - Only Criticism). The Bbq Is Wonderful And They Make Everything "In House". We Will See U Soon Big Wood.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JamesMonroe68
“Food good - Service not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Great looking place for bbq. Smell the fragrant wood when you walk in. We were seated quickly, but then it was Tuesday and only two other boths were filled. After bringing our drinks our server dissappeared for a long time. She knew she left us hanging and explained that she had to talk to her boss. My husband asked if he could get one dish of salad bar instead of two sides priced at $1.99 each on the menu. One trip to the salad bar was $3.45. He was told he could. Although food was good, the bill had 1.99 for tea and 1.99 for a salad. When my husband explained that we both had water she leaned over and examined our cups. When he asked about the1.99 for salad she said" Oh yeah, there is a charge for substitutions. He asked her if it would, ve been a good idea to disclose that up front and she said "I'm sorry!" In an an offended tone. She took the bill to the manager. Upon returning, she said she was able to have the tea removed for us. Like she did us a favor. For a slow night, that was terrible service.

Jacksonville, Florida
“great BBQ on edge of I-10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Live Oak exit off I-10 sits a RED ROOF Building. Can't miss it. Ribs are great. Chicken was a little overcooked---I understand that a little bit. No one wants chicken to be undercooked! We had the feast for 2---LOTS of food and a good sampling of of their meats. Very good meal. The beans were the best I have had at a BBQ place. Price is about what a BBQ place costs. This was not the best BBQ I have ever tasted, but it was a good meal for a fair price. That is hard to do while traveling the interstate! Staff was pleasant/efficient. What more could you ask for? Will go back when I am in the area.

• Visited June 2014