“Bad News”

Holiday Inn Express Live Oak
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Live Oak
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was the worst $90 room that my wife and I have ever stayed. Being retired we travel a lot. No frig or micro wave.
This was an average room at best! Bathroom clean but very old. Slow internet, light on desk flickers on and off. Very disappointing!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank ned e
Shannon L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Live Oak, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Good Morning!!! We apologize for your experience. We took notice that our hotel is thirteen years old and a bit outdated. We started our renovations in early December, we are currently in the area of the lobby including the fitness center and breakfast room. We have not began doing in-rooms yet. We hope to be fully renovated by March 2014. We welcome you to please come stay with us again, and we are hopeful you will have a better experience.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was in the area recently for a festival. The location of the hotel was great. We received excellent customer service from the counter staff as well as the kitchen staff. The breakfast was great and consisted of a big variety. I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mckinneyzoo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

There aren't many nice places between Tallahassee and Jacksonville on I-10. But you can almost count on a Holiday Inn to be a good choice. Prices are usually higher and this one was higher than the two other exterior hallway motels close by. When we got there, the clerk could be heard chatting in the back. I called out but no answer. I used the house phone and she came out. She was very friendly and luckily, very sincere about not hearing me as opposed to making me feel like I was bothering her. She even helped us figure our where to go for dinner. We had reserved a king room and she said,they weren't ready yet. It was 4:00 in the afternoon, but she upgraded us to a king suite. Good and bad news. The room was very large. Had mini fridge and micro. But...here's the rub. Apparently at one time, you could smoke in this hotel. And we could still smell that lingering stale stench of smoke. I feel a hotel that becomes a no smoking hotel, should at least replace or thoroughly have the carpets and furniture cleaned. Other than that....and that is big, it would have been a great stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that was never a smoking room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LindaH343
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Live Oak, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Linda H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words intended for the staff. However, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the smell of the suite. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Holiday Inn in Live Oak, FL has been a destination for me twice and I have been well served both times. The rooms are spacious and the very clean. The staff was friendly and the location is pristine for any Live Oak activities.

The only qualms I have would have to be the breakfast. I just think the the amount of business that this hotel is doing (nearly always full) that their breakfast would be more satisfactory. Cereal, donuts, wet eggs, and a pancake maker that doesn't exactly work right. If everyone is paying over $100 a night, then it showed some more for the guests.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very nice stay. Great mattresses. Very quite. Only stayed one night on way to another area of Florida. Got off I 95. Easy parking. Close to eating places and everything in the area. I have nothing else to add as we only spent sleeping hours there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just loved this place. The rooms were immaculate and so much fun to be in. We had a great view of the pool. The staff were very friendly and he food was really a great spread. We loved it and most likely will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DanielleStorts
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We arrived late (around midnight) and I was pleased that they had seen my request for a ground floor room and still had it that late. Staff was helpful. A bit disappointed that they ran out of the HIE signature cinnamon rolls the day before so none of them were available at breakfast.

Business Center printer needed some work but the front desk printed what we needed there.

It's the only national chain hotel in Live Oak so if you like to stick with a known entity that's about your only choice.

My nephew moved there recently so if we visit him again, we will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Lake City
#2 of 24 in Lake City
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Live Oak? Share your experiences!