“Little problem with odor”

Holiday Inn Express Live Oak
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Live Oak
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Nice facility, helpful staff, great breakfast. They have an odor problem with mold or mildew smell. Was rainy and you get used to the smell but something needs to be done.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was not my first stay at this hotel. It was late and I could not get a room in Lake City. Upon entering, the musty, old motel room smell permeated the room. I suspect it was the A/C unit. As it was 11pm, and I've been in that situation before I let it go.
The room is in need of a major remodeling. Old. The bed was comfortable. The room and bath were clean as I would expect an IHG brand.
The Breakfast was very good, and breakfast room was well stocked and clean. The associates that I encountered were very helpful and pleasant.
When I discussed the smell with the associates the next morning, I was told it was probably because of the rain, or that this happens in Florida, or the A/C needed to be cleaned.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank neptunenavigator
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Woke up with bed bugs in my bed!! The staff wasn't even concerned so I'm sure they have had this problem a lot. I checked out immediately and had to get rid of my belongings so I wouldn't take any back home with me. This is a nasty place!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mrs_KY
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We booked a room for this Holiday Inn Express through Expedia for Mid April 2011 in early January of this year. About two weeks ago we received a call from Expedia telling us that we had been bumped from our room and there were no rooms available. We booked well in advance because we are attending the Wanee music festival nearby and knew that the hotel would sell out. The day we booked it showed rooms available on their website as well as Expedia and Travelocity. Since I have an account set up with Expedia I chose to book through them. The hotel claimed that they did not shut down their booking system with Expedia after all the rooms had been booked and this was the reason for the overbooking. We found out through forums and someone who works at the hotel that they had booted rooms booked through other online agencies and had resold the room for a higher rate directly. I contacted both the parent company and the hotel manager to complain. The parent company told me that the location was a franchise and to deal directly with them. The manger never bothered to get back to me after leaving messages with the on staff employee and sending Email.
If we had known we would be screwed out of our room back when we booked we could have booked at one of the other nearby hotels that still had vacancy at the time but now our nearest alternative is 30 minutes away from the music venue instead of 5 minutes!!
All I can say to the hotel owner/manager is.....Karma is a b**ch!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fafafouy
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My mom, my 7 month old son and I stayed here while visiting family in Live Oak. The room was very clean and roomy with a nice decor! The beds were comfortable and the sheets were soft! There were also 4 pillows on each queen sized bed labeled "soft" or "firm".

The bathroom was huge and the towels weren't the usual thin and "crunchy" ones that you usually find at your run-of-the-mill hotel. They weren't half bad!

You also get free internet and a decent selection for breakfast. Top that off being right off of I-10 and this is definitely the place to stay in Live Oak!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CSpillers
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We were just passing through to Myrtle Beach and this place made it affordable, convenient and fun. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was perfect, super big, beds comfortable. Pool and hot tub were clean. I can't say enough about this great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mom2many19
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights several months ago. The hotel was nice. Breakfast was included and it was pretty good. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We had many other family members stay here at the same time and everyone was pleased with their room and their stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Lake City
Comfort Suites Lake City
#2 of 24 in Lake City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Live Oak? Share your experiences!